Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

no it wasnt

• Like Like x 1
  2. **** me senseless, how many threads do we need on this? I count 4 now!

3. See anyone who owes you money ?

CrabfatBill

4. I thought it started OK, but spent 47 mins to get to 1960 and the remaining time for 1960-2015 so not very balanced. Could have done with a 3 or 4 part series showing BAOR 45-60, 61-75,76 - 89 then 89 - pres showing the change in role and also the attitude and mixing with the Germans in the later years. A bit rushed.

• Like Like x 4
  5. That ex Lancers officers must have got dressed in the dark.

What revelations - people made friends with their neighbours and went to the naafi.

Utter bonk

• Like Like x 1
  6. illysa astardba!

7. I thought most officers dressed in the dark, which was why they keep wearing those loud colours

8. Anyone got their SOXMIS card on them?

9. absolutely agree. It went into painstaking detail from '45 to '60. Then arguably, the most interesting bits from '89-'12 and looking beyond, were a hash job. The latter period could have made for a really interesting doc in its own right looking at changes in perceptions, social history and the role of BAOR into BFG. Pity.

It was the equivalent of a 7 year old writing in large letters before realising he'd run out of space on the right hand edge of the page!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

CIMG1478.jpg

11. I watched this the other night, I've not seen the other threads on this but does anyone know what the Roman numerals worn on the sleeve of the N.C.O shown in the late 50's? signify? They were below the regimental shoulder title and above theTRF. I know that around about this time, there was a short lived experiment with regional capbadges.

12. [QUOTE= the Roman numerals worn on the sleeve of the N.C.O shown in the late 50's? signify? They were below the regimental shoulder title and above theTRF. Quote

I know that in the Guards for a period they had the I or II below their shoulder title to indicate 1st or 2nd battalion.

13. Still got mine and a BRIXMIS flash!