BAOR Return Poppy Travel Tour 25-31 August 2008

Inspired partly by a few threads about BAOR then and now Poppy Travel is organising a true bottlefield Coold War tour next year with the aim of visiting the old barracks bars and other haunts around the old BAOR. Might consider getting some old NVA types to tell the story of the other side of the cold war. It may even need an adventure training day as a drying out day.

Anyone interested in coming along?

Any suggestions for places or activities that should be on the itinerary? (Only those suitable for consideration by a national charity please)

oldbaldy

LE
Poppy_Travel said:
Any suggestions for places or activities that should be on the itinerary? (Only those suitable for consideration by a national charity please)
Reeperbahn :D

Berlin obviously. If you haven't been there for a while then what they did where the wall was is a very strange site indeed.

Hartz mountains? Drive down to where the IGB used to be and see if you can find the place.

wolfenbuttel..4 kms from border as was,,,so front line we werent on the orbat if it happened....

not forgetting the fallingbostel military museum and its great collection of
nva--ddr--russian uniforms...

helmstedt crossing point.
.try and get one of the old british frontier guys to act as guide,,,

city pub -wolfenbuttel...
copper kettle-fallingbostel
wineburg------bergen hohne
countryclub------soltau
bivi platz 24.....soltau...
reinsalen camp----soltau

Bielefeld, Altstadt, Caddilacs and eros centre, Guetersloh (boring), Paderborn etc

I'd be interested in that. What sort of price range are we talking?

I like my war tours :oops:

I'm going to be fcuking ming monged in some bar in Belgium for the Rugby World Cup Final in October :D

the fallingbostel military museum is free but donations are nice,,,,,,,
so that cuts some costs,,,

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
blackmetallic The NAAFI Bar 206
Speedy Military History and Militaria 19
G Classified Ads 11