BAOR & Raves

Can we get back to Techno music and rave clubs, I was also as a non drug user, a big fan of Jolt cola, double the caffeine and all the sugar. The original "energy drink".

I did put an RAMC guy out of a club one night in 90 or 91 for selling Temazepam - apart from that it was usually pretty easy going, the odd guy being inappropriate with women, and the odd guy who freaked out around gays, if it was minor one warning then they were out.

1563822445728.png

Cue a legion of red nosed alcoholic auld bill oddies bumping their gums about Shit they have no comprehension about
You're normally one of the better posters on here, and I'm at a loss as to how you've become this antagoniser.

Are you feeling your oats nowadays because a woman has finally let you touch her breasts?

You're normally one of the better posters on here, and I'm at a loss as to how you've become this antagoniser.

Are you feeling your oats nowadays because a woman has finally let you touch her breasts?
Standard arrse drugs thread:mrgreen:

UORMan

War Hero
There was a big techno scene in Paderborn in the early 90's. I commanded a F/S of 13 and only me and 1 full-screw were married, all the rest being singles.
They would regularly go out on a Friday night and not come back till Sunday afternoon, I think they used to go to a club near the Jam Factory on the industrial site the other-side of the "Sudring".
As a Fitter section we went through a massive amount of "throw-away" white painting overalls, as this seemed to be the dress for them when out clubbing. They did complain once, when by mistake I ordered "two-piece" suits instead of the once-piece overalls.
Great bunch of guys who worked hard and played hard

Berlin will always have a great techno scene, but I think Brussels scene is pretty good now. Got into it whilst I lived there - different to the UK, as you would have people there of all ages and one of the venues I used to go to (C12 - in an old railway tunnel) was actually owned by the local government. A few months back they also started day-time raves too.

Also some of the older ravers on the thread might appreciate this - live streams of gigs as they happen, all over the world: Boiler Room

It was all a haze, we were young, drank too much, had a party most weekends & tried getting our leg over with any WRAC soldier that smiled at us. Some scored others just got more drunk watching mates drilling some pretty/fat girl. But ever present in case 5 million ruskies invaded

You've got it wrong! I wasn't a spy living in West Berlin (wherever you got that from) and I wasn't "bezzers" with either Iggy Pop or David Bowie. They often frequented the SO36 disco and did the usual rounds of folks they knew. Both of them also tended to gravitate to the Brit squaddies, who were also there in numbers, or to me because they could converse with us in English. It was actually more of a casual thing than anything else. It wasn't as if they showed up and made a beeline for me.

MsG
I knew David Bowie (My Aunt was a bit of a groupie for the Spiders from (Hull) Mars). He mentioned being constantly hassled by a smelly Irish tramp, and being a general pest when he was in the SO36. He reckoned he was a bit of a ****. He mentioned that this destitute Paddy kept talking about his twice dead family. He ended up having the German bouncers dry bum him unconscious.

My, my! Arnchoo important! I can vividly imagine you proudly puffing out your pigeon chest as you wrote that, Dorky_Shit.:mrgreen:
I'll wager you even turn up in DPMs and a "Chinese coolie" beret bought especially for the occasion.

Still, you were never a squaddie, so what would you know, eh? I bet you write letters home: "Dear Mommy, all the sowjaz on ARRSE don't laugh at me and take the piss, like everyone else. I'm so thrilled!" Or words to that effect. What a loser!

MsG
Umm, Dark Nit has never pretended to be a soldier, and has been clear about that from the start. It is people who make up a questionable service who get the piss ripped out of them when found out..

Like claiming to be RAMC, yet not knowing which way up to sew on the TRF.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Umm, Dark Nit has never pretended to be a soldier, and has been clear about that from the start. It is people who make up a questionable service who get the piss ripped out of them when found out..
Were you thinking of anyone in particular?
Like claiming to be RAMC, yet not knowing which way up to sew on the TRF.
Or not knowing the difference between a TRF and a DZ Flash, eh? By the way, I never wore one during my army time. I left a long time before they were introduced. The only flashes I ever wore were the 2 Div cross-keys and, occasionally, the "lazy H" of 11th Inf Bde (later 11th Armd Bde) when I was attached there. However, instead of just making assumptions about my DZ Flash, you might want to gather some info about it. The ARRSEr @Cutaway would be you man for that.

MsG

Or not knowing the difference between a TRF and a DZ Flash, eh? By the way, I never wore one during my army time. I left a long time before they were introduced. The only flashes I ever wore were the 2 Div cross-keys and, occasionally, the "lazy H" of 11th Inf Bde (later 11th Armd Bde) when I was attached there. However, instead of just making assumptions about my DZ Flash, you might want to gather some info about it. The ARRSEr @Cutaway would be you man for that.

MsG
Yet you wore one. Upside down. Even I know which way up it should go.
And no, you didn't wear those flashes. You never served.

hotel_california

LE
Book Reviewer

MsG
Tell us all about your time when you went airborne, we like that one.

Latest Threads