BAOR & Raves

Serpico

Old-Salt
@DaManBugs you've had such a varied and interesting life, I have no idea why you haven't written your memoirs and made some serious dosh from them

Aw wait, I do ken, it's because moonhowling bullshit tends to be uncovered as such when published. Much better off drunkenly crayoning all over arrse eh

You've got it wrong! I wasn't a spy living in West Berlin (wherever you got that from) and I wasn't "bezzers" with either Iggy Pop or David Bowie. They often frequented the SO36 disco and did the usual rounds of folks they knew. Both of them also tended to gravitate to the Brit squaddies, who were also there in numbers, or to me because they could converse with us in English. It was actually more of a casual thing than anything else. It wasn't as if they showed up and made a beeline for me.

MsG
crypto-millenial

Urban Dictionary: Humble Brag

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
The members of the "I-must-punish-Bugsy" campaign who've shown up on this thread thus far:
The spackerman: been at it 12 years;
Gunge_Thickie: been at it 14 years;
Dorky_Shit: been at it 4 years.

This thread is about the Berlin music scene as experienced by Brit squaddies who were stationed there. Other ARRSErs may have noticed that the abovementioned have no interest in the subject (and haven't actually mentioned it), but are, again, attempting to turn it into yet another Bugsy-bashing session, spoiling the enjoyment for others and derailing the thread in the process. Now that's what you call obsessive and selfish!

MsG

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
@DaManBugs you've had such a varied and interesting life, I have no idea why you haven't written your memoirs and made some serious dosh from them

Aw wait, I do ken, it's because moonhowling bullshit tends to be uncovered as such when published. Much better off drunkenly crayoning all over arrse eh
Even with your bigoted and prejudiced opinion of me, mush, you might like to go back over the thread and see exactly who's done the crayoning on this thread. That also applies to other threads that I post on. Try it out!

MsG

This thread is about the Berlin music scene as experienced by Brit squaddies who were stationed there.
As you weren't a squaddie Bugsy why are you making up more lies about Berlin?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Even with your bigoted and prejudiced opinion of me, mush, you might like to go back over the thread and see exactly who's done the crayoning on this thread. That also applies to other threads that I post on. Try it out!

MsG
Try not telling glaringly obvious lies and it might stop.

Serpico

Old-Salt

MsG
Honestly Bugs, I valiantly tried to like you when I first arrived here, despite the general consensus. You're a Celt, you write eloquently and you have a few interesting stories. But I'm afraid the constant stream of somewhat dubious and fantastical tales has soured my opinion somewhat. And tbh, that continual "Berlin, Hauptstadt DDR" stuff is just odd as f*ck

I've not entirely discounted that you are telling the truth tbf. Wha kens eh

West Berlin always had a thriving music scene, even when I lived there from early 1975 to the end of 1980 (both in West Berlin and in Berlin, Capital of the GDR).
And yet...

I spent just over a year (1977/78) in East Germany, a year (1978/79) in the USSR and six years (1990/96) in the former GDR after reunification.
Bugsy the Timelord uses his Tardis once again.

Still, it gets you attention Bugsy and thats all you care about.

I was actually part of the Berlin techno scene, in my very small way.
I hung out with the Mutoid Waste Company and Spiral Tribe at Potsdamer Platz and Tacheles, it was the hardest of hard core techno and Spiral were evangelical about spreading the faith.
That was '93, I didn't see many Brit soldiers (nor US or French) being into that scene, probably because, it being Berlin, there was no shortage of insufferable bigoted antifa and "**** ze scheiss bullen" types around.

Couldn't read the article because my computer reckons it's well dodgy.

iirc , it was after he was discharged he started dealing. Regardless, I wasn't having a pop at anyone, more the double standards, Ok to go down town mob handed smash up a bar, have a ruck with another unit and / or the resident Erics, drink your body weight in cheap powerful alcohol, wake up next morning good for **** all other than crashing on cam nets til NAAFI break, and your a god, drop a pill , go dancing for 48 hours pull and shag a local and be fit for work Monday morning and your arse is likely to 252'd by lunch. Oh and for the record, ive never taken pills / powders / potions recreationally
I don't know which unit you were in though Muzzle's (we were in the same outfit) Bn's answer to over indulgence in alcohol was a company road run each morning.... it was a good deterrent!
Crashing on cam nets? You'd only do it once.... a sharp attitude adjustment over 7 days in the Pokey... out you'd come... bulled brogues, baldy heid, and healthy body... sorted!
A good ruck? Fit, aggressive, soldiers have always indulged in that sort of thing... aggression and Regimental rivalry - always good for esprit de corps... and, to my mind, infinitely preferable to Ex popping, limp wristed, empathetic, dancing queens!
Cold War Warriors indeed!

Honestly Bugs, I valiantly tried to like you when I first arrived here, despite the general consensus. You're a Celt, you write eloquently and you have a few interesting stories. But I'm afraid the constant stream of somewhat dubious and fantastical tales has soured my opinion somewhat. And tbh, that continual "Berlin, Hauptstadt DDR" stuff is just odd as f*ck

I've not entirely discounted that you are telling the truth tbf. Wha kens eh
A few people occasionally fall for his utter bullshit, Acid_Reign is fairly new and was in danger of believing him. Luckily I consider it my responsibility, nay duty to inform everyone straightway that he is a lying penis as it saves time.

There must be some truth to this. I transferred from TA to Regular in early 1991. On reporting for duty, it was to Depot Troop, 11 Sig Regt. This is where soldiers who have no real home went. People coming out of MCTC before discharge or posting, severe medical cases like cancer or mental health issues, alkies, people joining up like me etc. A week in Depot Tropp and off to my first posting.

While there, there were 3 or 4 guys who had been released from Colly, and were awaiting discharge. They'd been taking E in Berlin and got caught. Bust, 6 months Colly, discharge. So there were at least some.

Now that’s what you call frantic backpedalling, spackerinski!

All that was from an earlier encounter on ARRSE. I posted it because it’s “interesting”.

I can’t mind where I found this, but it describes you (and the other ARRSE vermin) perfectly, shitlips:

And as long as you’re not bothered enough to spend 12 years relentlessly and obsessively pursuing me across the ARRSE threads, eh? That really shows how “not bothered” you are, numbnuts.

So where’s your “proof” that I never served, spackerman? You claim that so confidently that you must have some sort of evidence to back it up. Where is it and why haven’t you posted it?

MsG

Yeah some real backpedaling going on there eh :roll:

Still not commenting on how you were in the USSR for a year at the same time you were in Germany.

Have some proof Bugsy
https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/two-paratroopers-charged-with-1972-murder.260789/page-15#post-7615531

I was actually part of the Berlin techno scene, in my very small way.
I hung out with the Mutoid Waste Company and Spiral Tribe at Potsdamer Platz and Tacheles, it was the hardest of hard core techno and Spiral were evangelical about spreading the faith.
That was '93, I didn't see many Brit soldiers (nor US or French) being into that scene, probably because, it being Berlin, there was no shortage of insufferable bigoted antifa and "**** ze scheiss bullen" types around.

Couldn't read the article because my computer reckons it's well dodgy.
Spiral Tribe were very much underground,, wish I'd seen them in Berlin that must have been awesome

The nearest I got was seeing them in cow trodden fields in England

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer

All that was from an earlier encounter on ARRSE. I posted it because it’s “interesting”.

I can’t mind where I found this, but it describes you (and the other ARRSE vermin) perfectly, shitlips:

And as long as you’re not bothered enough to spend 12 years relentlessly and obsessively pursuing me across the ARRSE threads, eh? That really shows how “not bothered” you are, numbnuts.

So where’s your “proof” that I never served, spackerman? You claim that so confidently that you must have some sort of evidence to back it up. Where is it and why haven’t you posted it?

MsG
Why dont you **** off?

MsG
@stacker1 it's ok, he's not bothered.

Spiral Tribe were very much underground,, wish I'd seen them in Berlin that must have been awesome

The nearest I got was seeing them in cow trodden fields in England
It was loud, not having been a soldier I imagine that being bombarded all night by heavy artillery must have sounded similar.
And we were indeed bombed out of our minds all night.

Latest Threads