BBC4 9pm Timeshift is about BAOR - sounds interesting

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer
BBC4 9pm Timeshift is about BAOR - sounds interesting
Thanks for the heads up, I have now set the tvdigievirginskyboxthingy to record

C

cloudbuster

Can I watch this on the other thread, cunningly entitled "Timeshift; the British Army of the Rhine"?

Can I watch this on the other thread, cunningly entitled "Timeshift; the British Army of the Rhine"?
But if you watch it on both these threads you will get it in stereo and 3-D. Did you think of that?......

C

cloudbuster

An intriguing prospect. I suppose that exposing the sacrifices we made in the defence of Western freedom and values can only further the efforts to get a campaign medal awarded before we all die of the wounds so callously inflicted upon us?

Disappointed that it concentrated so much on the 1940's 50's and 60's and went through the 70'& 80's faster than Herforder Pils went through me!

Was an interesting documentary but it seemed to have skimmed over things from 70's onward. Not much detail from then on

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Did the documentary say whether we are getting a Cold War Medal? ;)

dissapointed that I wasnt in it, after all I was instrumental in assisting the German brewing industry to keep going, also ensureing the schnell imbiss didnt go under, and not too mention assisting the GCP in maintaining its workload, very dissapointed in deed.

Believe it featured Historian and Author,Anthony Beevor in his time in 11H.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mcreature Old & Bold 1
S Military History and Militaria 26
Bugsy Military History and Militaria 45