BAOR prog Mon 22 Oct

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Poppy, Oct 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC4 9pm Timeshift is about BAOR - sounds interesting
  2. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

Thanks for the heads up, I have now set the tvdigievirginskyboxthingy to record
  3. Can I watch this on the other thread, cunningly entitled "Timeshift; the British Army of the Rhine"?
  4. But if you watch it on both these threads you will get it in stereo and 3-D. Did you think of that?......
  5. An intriguing prospect. I suppose that exposing the sacrifices we made in the defence of Western freedom and values can only further the efforts to get a campaign medal awarded before we all die of the wounds so callously inflicted upon us?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Disappointed that it concentrated so much on the 1940's 50's and 60's and went through the 70'& 80's faster than Herforder Pils went through me!
  7. Was an interesting documentary but it seemed to have skimmed over things from 70's onward. Not much detail from then on
  8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Did the documentary say whether we are getting a Cold War Medal? ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Your having a laugh, I'm still waiting for my Silver Jubilee medal, seems to have got lost in the post.
  10. Which monarch.
  11. dissapointed that I wasnt in it, after all I was instrumental in assisting the German brewing industry to keep going, also ensureing the schnell imbiss didnt go under, and not too mention assisting the GCP in maintaining its workload, very dissapointed in deed.
  12. Believe it featured Historian and Author,Anthony Beevor in his time in 11H.
  13. It,s being repeated tonight 09 January at 8 pm on BBC 4