BAOR Pics

After weeping at the Herforder Pils thread, and not wanting to wreck that one, how about some pics of the glory days in BAOR.

We ain't getting any medals, but we must have some memories on film, if not in our Asbach riddled heads.

Cammed Up.jpg
The 3rd Shock Army Reconnaissance planes would never spot this. 4 ADSR LAD. circa 1984.

Centurian ARV.jpg
A proper ARV, and no mistake. 4 Fd Wksps. Luneberg Heath. 1977.

Chieftain ARRV Fallingbostel.jpg
B Sqn Royal Hussars ARRV somewhere on Soltau. 1985.

Susanah.jpg
I loved this girl. Susanah wasn't too bad either. Fallingbostel.1986.

Soltau...was this near Bergan-Hohne area?...and did they build a theme park on the training are?...Heidi Park or something like that.
They did the Heide park, full of fercking mad baboons that ripped the shit out of cars, so they introduced a bus with mesh all around
including the roof, so you got baboon shit upon.

Mind you i do not remember very much about BAOR.

Attachments

^ warrior looks a little sad with the 30mm barrel removed, somehow 'emasculated'

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE so I should probably be working....

JT - Is that you on the top of the wagon in the lower shot? If so, fck me, you look young!
Yaaarp, tis I, look about 12! 3 Shock Army were well shitting themselves with steely eyed communicators like me ready to face them down though.

Deleted due to duplication

View attachment 64381
A proper ARV, and no mistake. 4 Fd Wksps. Luneberg Heath. 1977.
Bloody Hell , I remember them things. They told me there were none left in BAOR when I left Boredom
when I got to Detmold me first job was a gear box lift.
AeM do you remember getting new Chieftain ARVs and haveing to strip out the hydraulic control boxes
as they'd painted the insides with red lead which was flaking off and blocking the filters .