BAOR memories

Discussion in 'RAC' started by Bag4life, Oct 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sad to see the state of some of those places now, brought back memories (both good & bad) of life in Germany - hic

Nobby

2. That does bring back memories alright. went to school at mansergh bks then served in Bielefeld later. Oh what fun.

3. Great site and certainly brings back memories.

4. Agreed! Get signed up fellas I'm sure Phil the guy that runs the site will appreciate some of your old pics!!! :D

5. evening yep he needs buiding type photos,,,

6. How the fbh have these been allowed to degenerate like this.
    Still I suppose nature is doing what we tried over the years to do racing tanks around the place.

7. once the barracks stop being used,, they start to fall to bits,, then the germans can say they are unsafe and demolish them,,they cant do that if they are in good order, so they let them go,,,easy ways to clear the site in a few years,, it will prob be a new aldi supermarket or obi,,
    all the barracks from hitlers day are protected whilst in use..

8. Not just in Germany, I did a NAAFI tour in the 90's and some of the barracks we stayed in were rough, especially at Brize Norton!! and Tidworth.

9. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Worst memories - kitchen gestapo being introduced to Ikea back in the 80's. I understand they have now crossed the channel. :twisted: