Banoffee pie made easy

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Ventress, Jun 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

220g can condensed milk
    225g digestive biscuits, crushed
    115g Butter, melted
    4 bananas
    300ml whipping cream
    Grated chocolate, for decoration

1. In a large pan of water, boil the unopened can of condensed milk for 2 hours, caramalising the contents of the tin. Take care not to let the water boil dry, topping up with boiling water as required.

2. Meanwhile, mix together the crushed digestives and melted butter. Line a 18cm flan tin or 6 small tartlet tins with foil. Spread the biscuit mixture evenly over the tin. Cover and chill for 2 hours.

3. Slice the bananas finely and layer over the biscuit base. Top the bananas with the caramelised condensed milk.

4. Whip the cream and spread over the caramel mixture.

5. Sprinkle the grated chocolate over the top of the cream. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 hours until serving
  2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

1.2kg condensed milk
    250g Butter
    150g caster sugar
    150g cornflour
    300g Flour
    6 ripe bananas

Method 1. Place the tins of condensed milk into a deep saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer. Cover with a lid and cook for one and a half hours. Leave to cool.

2. Set the oven to 180C/gas 4. Cream the butter and sugar together and add the cornflour and flour. Knead lightly until the mixture forms a smooth dough. Use the mixture to line a 20 x 30cm tart tin.

3. Spread with the cooled condensed milk and sliced bananas and crumble the remaining shortbread mixture over the top.

4. Bake for 30 minutes. Leave too cool. Cut into squares and serve with ice cream and caramel sauce.
  3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Scrape it off and more careful next time.
  4. Condensed milk now comes ready 'carameled' so you can just wick it out of the tin straight onto your toast........i mean your biscuit base!!! :oops:
  5. The easy way is to pimp out your mate to a "chubby" lass who is great in the kitchen. :) He gets laid and you get the pie!
  6. Banoffee Pie made even easier........[​IMG]
  7. Alternatively, if you're a food nazi you can always get some bananas and pour toffee yogurt over the bananas. Similar taste to the above but takes about 10 seconds to do and far healthier.

Tomorrow, I will be showing you a recipe on how to remove morale from everything that moves...
  8. Banoffee Caution!!

Let the condensed milk cool for a while before opening, then open while a paper towel/napkin is draped over the top. If you do not do this you may spray a high pressure stream of toffee on ceiling, walls, windows and cat. I did this last year and all I could think was thank God I'm divorced because if I was still married she would never, ever, have let me live it down. I got it off the window and the cat was able to lick herself off in a few days but it was a sticky mess.
  9. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)