Banning drivers

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by tank6275, Oct 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After watching several traffic cop programmes can anyone explain why the courts waste peoples time and lives banning drivers that didnt even have a licence to start with? do they really think that will stop them driving?
  2. It baffles me, and I'm sure some plod/plodettes can inform us.

Is it the only power the courts have for most driving offences?
  3. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

I have to laugh when someone gets a custodial sentence and banned for the same period of time, how naff :roll:
  4. It means that if subsequently caught driving during the ban's existence the conviction is "driving whilst disqualified". This is not looked upon favourably by the courts and can result in a custodial sentence.

It's also likely to have an impact on the question of bail, since it indicates that the accused cannot be trusted to obey court orders.
  5. maybe its completely the wrong place for a post like this but it really annoys me that people that you see in these car chases and even just the normal stop checks get light sentences 18 months community service or a band from driving when most of the time they dont have a licence to start with.

Im aware that prisons are full but i believe some driving offences are more serious that some other offences that get custodial sentences
  6. well i guess thats that question answered, thank you
  7. I would fire up the outrage bus and drive it to you. But I'm banned.
  8. yeah, same as when kids that smash windows and hurt old people get made to sign contracts stating they won't behave in an anti-social manner.

I haven't signed such a contract... does that mean I'm exempt from the law?
  9. A driver was brought into custody for driving whilst disqualified, when the custody officer asked why he was driving when he knew he was disqualified the scrote replied

"you took my licence so it's up to you to catch me, I'm not going to stop driving just because the court told me to."

What would the magistrate do on the next court appearance, ban him again, they certainly won't give custodial.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, this country is fooked.
  10. Think im just beginning to realise that
  11. Because we live in a fanny society.
  12. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Yeah, innit. Mostly with people nicked for stealing to fund a drug habit that could be dealt with better. And which didnt involve nutters driving stolen cars. Priorities, you know?

But thats another thread, eh?

If the Outrage Bus is an old Bedford Diesel, I can start it with a burning oily rag and a hand crank?
  13. Such as extermination?
  14. if they get cought driving again then they get put in the nick so yes :D
  15. Of course they will. And prison puts such fear in criminals these days doesn't it? It's so hard in prison.