Banned substances

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Army_Rizzle, Aug 23, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there a definitive list anywhere of substances that are banned in the army?
  2. Home | INFORMED-SPORT - If it ain't on the list you ain't allowed to take it! End of - so says the DIN.
  3. Old Spice.

More than one ear ring.

This list is not exhuastive.
  4. You could always consult with your MO for a substantial list that goes as long as your arm?

Obviously Class A, B, C

Non prescription drugs are classed as a class C drug if not prescribed to

What exactly are you looking for? :)
  5. Could you just eat meat, fruit, vegetables, rice, pasta? That sort of stuff will be fine I'm sure.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Let me guess, you've heard a rumour CDT are paying a visit soon?
  7. I'm looking specifically for 1,3-dimethylamylamine, now I know it's banned by the world anti doping agency in regard to professional sport, however it isn't a banned substance by the MHRA, meaning it isn't as yet an illegal chemical.

All my research on the Internet as to it's use by members of the armed forces have been inconclusive, a lot of hearsay and guessing.

Just looking for a concrete answer.
  8. What's wrong with Old Spice, it goes well with my flares and stripey tank top.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Answer, stop being stupid.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. You say answer but I know of a doctor who told a soldier if you can buy it legally over the counter in a UK shop it's legal.
  11. My advice; all you need is willpower, and some testosterone, or is that free natural drug you get in your body lacking?
  12. If it smells like bullshit...
    Eat properly, it's that simple.
  13. Looking at the chemical structure, it's quite similar to amphetamine (see attachment); DMAA might be allowed (I don't know), but might give a false positive for speed, which is definitely banned. Just something to bear in mind.

Attached Files:

14. Trip to the MO then to see if there is a list