Banned from posting on Guardian website

A few months ago I may have become a little abusive towards fellow posters and the moderators on the Guardian's Comment is Free section. I may have called the mods traitorous Nazi halfwit scum, whose jobs will be the first to go when newspapers will, inevitably, have to downsize. I also might have threatened to come looking for for them with a mob when the glorious revolution begins.

Now, I can log into the Guardian site, but I am unable to post. In fact, as soon as I log in, I'm logged out again immediately. I've tried to register a new account with a different email address, but to no avail. It seems, alas, that I'm a marked man in GrauniadLand.

My question is, as my IP address is not fixed, how are the Nazis at the Guardian managing to block my attempts to register/log in? Would it be anything to do with my pc's MAC address, or could it be another issue (cookies deleted regularly).

Cheers.

MAC

Nothing to do with Mac Address. A mac address is layer 2 of the OSI Model and can't be routed at layer 3. Although you may not have a fixed IP Address you will have one within a range allocated by you ISP using DHCP. Try renewing you IP address using the command ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew If your using a router and NAT you will need to change the outside IP on the router.

Baldrick66 said:
Nothing to do with Mac Address. A mac address is layer 2 of the OSI Model and can't be routed at layer 3. Although you may not have a fixed IP Address you will have one within a range allocated by you ISP using DHCP. Try renewing you IP address using the command ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew If your using a router and NAT you will need to change the outside IP on the router.
In english please :?

Baldrick66 said:
Cheers. Will give that a go.

scarletto said:
Baldrick66 said:
In english please :?
The source mac address changes every time your data travels through a router.

EDIT:
If you are using a router reset it.