Banned from posting on Guardian website

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Contrarian, Jan 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A few months ago I may have become a little abusive towards fellow posters and the moderators on the Guardian's Comment is Free section. I may have called the mods traitorous Nazi halfwit scum, whose jobs will be the first to go when newspapers will, inevitably, have to downsize. I also might have threatened to come looking for for them with a mob when the glorious revolution begins.

Now, I can log into the Guardian site, but I am unable to post. In fact, as soon as I log in, I'm logged out again immediately. I've tried to register a new account with a different email address, but to no avail. It seems, alas, that I'm a marked man in GrauniadLand.

My question is, as my IP address is not fixed, how are the Nazis at the Guardian managing to block my attempts to register/log in? Would it be anything to do with my pc's MAC address, or could it be another issue (cookies deleted regularly).

Cheers.

2. Try on a Windows PC then

3. Cheers. Efforts will be made to change said MAC so that I can rejoin the fun at Traitors Towers.

4. Wah!

5. Nothing to do with Mac Address. A mac address is layer 2 of the OSI Model and can't be routed at layer 3. Although you may not have a fixed IP Address you will have one within a range allocated by you ISP using DHCP. Try renewing you IP address using the command ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew If your using a router and NAT you will need to change the outside IP on the router.

6. Wah?? You sure? I've just ordered a new pc and had a rag and bone man take the Mac away. Please tell me it isn't so.

7. Sorry, that wasn't even a very good one. Well, it is a Sunday night after all!

8. In english please :?

9. Cheers. Will give that a go.

10. Sorry S try this ........ OSI Model

:oops:

11. Cheers, thats cleared it up no end. 8O ive a headache now.

12. The source mac address changes every time your data travels through a router.

EDIT:
    If you are using a router reset it.