Banned from Facebook Blogs and forums

"It is also believed that Ministry of Defence officials want to stop criticism of defence policy on military chat forums like the Army Rumour Service."

I take it someone QA'd the article

Generals who wish to talk with the media is now advised to ask permission of a Government minister.
If nothing else it stops the scum plagerising someone's Facebook page once the notification goes out.

7and2suited said:
"It is also believed that Ministry of Defence officials want to stop criticism of defence policy on military chat forums like the Army Rumour Service."
can we still criticise the RAF? After all, they are not anything to do with defence/military, etc are they?

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer

Fugly

LE
DirtyBAT
7and2suited said:
I can't quite believe I can't find a topic on this?

Has it been censored from the site?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sciencea...oldiers-banned-from-MySpace-and-Facebook.html

Will it get deleted?
7and2suited said:
Good coup that - encourage a newly registered user by patronising on the subject of a thread that appeared before he joined.

So you state that you searched for the thread in question, but because it was started before you joined it was beyond your intellectual prowess to discover?

I like you.

You're reet clever, you.

:roll:

It is also believed that Ministry of Defence officials want to stop criticism of defence policy on military chat forums like the Army Rumour Service.
I absolutely LOVE that one :)

Even if they got to the two CO's of ARRSE, do they honestly believe that the website wouldn't be back up in minutes, hosted from some somewhere like Tonga?

I, personally, absofcukinglutely guarantee that if the MOD ever try to take down ARRSE that I will personally contact every mate I have in every far flung country that they have decided to go and live in so that they can molest children, in order to bring ARRSE back. And provide them with the finances to do so (along with several other ARRSERS I would have thought)

The internet can not be stopped, it isn't a single "place" or " organisation" and can't be turned off. I would have thought the MOD would have been glad about ARRSE. Informed views, none military censored opinions, no breached of OPSEC through their own members loyalty etc, etc.

Whats up MOD, too afraid for the troops to have their own sounding board that highlights YOUR failures that gets OUR TROOPS killed?

Try it you tw*ts. There will be so many servers from so many countries that chasing them will be like painting the Forth Bridge. And that will be in between explaining to the likes of TND why you have gagged the trooops (and the secrecy b0llocks will never wash, I've been a member since the beginning and can't recall ONE operationally sensitive comment being released).

Fugly

LE
DirtyBAT
Aunty Stella said:
I've been a member since the beginning and can't recall ONE operationally sensitive being released
The knobbers from MB leaving their laptops on the Northern Line were probably logged in at the time ;) :D

7and2suited said:

Good coup that - encourage a newly registered user by patronising on the subject of a thread that appeared before he joined.

Mark it down as a satisfying victory - and don;t forget to tell your friends!

Fukcing moron - you must be a fuckign guardsman you fick cvnt.
Awwwww, come here and have a big hug you poor dear, and dry those pretty little eyes, you want me to get Mr bump from the fridge?

Fugly said:
Aunty Stella said:
I've been a member since the beginning and can't recall ONE operationally sensitive comment being released
The knobbers from MB leaving their laptops on the Northern Line were probably logged in at the time ;) :D
Agreed. [Tounge in cheek mode] Depriving officers and civil servants of Laptops may be a better move [/Tounge in cheek mode]

Strangeley on the same day members of the MPS were advised not to post on facebook and if they do not to disclose their status or make derogatory comments about the job. as well as beware of opsec etc

If we do express an opionion we are supposed to say its not the opinion of the MPS. A senior officer recently lamented "the facebook generation"
I wonder if this is linked.....

Trotsky

I don;t know what all the fuss is about. As pointed out in the serious thread in the Current Affair forum, this order is merely a renewal of one issues this time last year. A fuss was kicked up then, as it is being kicked up now. It's useless, but they have to do it, just in case some dumb squaddie thinks it'll be funny to put his status as "Jonny Gunner is sick of [insert sensitive information/Tom Newton Dunn's wet dream material here]".

Pocoyo said:
7and2suited said:

Mark it down as a satisfying victory - and don;t forget to tell your friends!

Fukcing moron - you must be a fuckign guardsman you fick cvnt.
Awwwww, come here and have a big hug you poor dear, and dry those pretty little eyes, you want me to get Mr bump from the fridge?
Where the fcuk do we get these people from?

I am secretly sniggering at someone trying to have Fuggers off though.

Aunty Stella said:
It is also believed that Ministry of Defence officials want to stop criticism of defence policy on military chat forums like the Army Rumour Service.
I absolutely LOVE that one :)

Even if they got to the two CO's of ARRSE, do they honestly believe that the website wouldn't be back up in minutes, hosted from some somewhere like Tonga?

I, personally, absofcukinglutely guarantee that if the MOD ever try to take down ARRSE that I will personally contact every mate I have in every far flung country that they have decided to go and live in so that they can molest children, in order to bring ARRSE back. And provide them with the finances to do so (along with several other ARRSERS I would have thought)

The internet can not be stopped, it isn't a single "place" or " organisation" and can't be turned off. I would have thought the MOD would have been glad about ARRSE. Informed views, none military censored opinions, no breached of OPSEC through their own members loyalty etc, etc.

Whats up MOD, too afraid for the troops to have their own sounding board that highlights YOUR failures that gets OUR TROOPS killed?

Try it you tw*ts. There will be so many servers from so many countries that chasing them will be like painting the Forth Bridge. And that will be in between explaining to the likes of TND why you have gagged the trooops (and the secrecy b0llocks will never wash, I've been a member since the beginning and can't recall ONE operationally sensitive comment being released).
My bold. Tell that to China. If the powers that be wish to shut down the website then it can be done. That it will be done seems to me very unlikely; for all the criticism of the MOD, the government and that cnut Bliar, ARRSE does serve a useful purpose both charitably (some very good work done there) and for those panicking soldiers who post at 0300 in the QM forum the night before heading to BATUS for two months with questions like "I've forgotten how to lace my boots; can someone tell me how it's done?"

ARRSE is very good at self-censorship; too good sometimes ("Can't tell you that; boot-lacing's restricted, y'know"), so an attempt to shut us down on OPSEC grounds would be very tenuous indeed. Besides which, I can't help thinking there are some very senior supporters of the website in the system...