Banned by IP

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Bad CO, Jan 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

To all those who have been getting a message stating that their IP has been banned, please accept our apologies. We have just upgraded the site and this has been caused by a new feature which is meant to stop 'flooding.' Clearly it doesn't work so we've removed it and won't be using it again.

Sorry if you've been unceremoniously kicked off the site!
  2. Apology accepted Sire !
  3. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I didn't get "banned", but I noticed the forum block go a wierd for a bit, plus now my avatar has vanished, along with the date all members joined (when viewing the forums). Small technicality, doesn't seem to affect me using the site in general.

Hey ho.
  4. I've had an email informing me of a PM, but the PM itself isnt visible, and the link i was emailed loads up my inbox, without the new PM....

Related at all, or just buffoonery on my part, and being a mong....?

5. That's quite a coincidence really - I'd only just banned your IP Address as it's the source of so much lost work time here.........

6. The quotes submission page script seems to be on the blink, don't know if that's of interest or been noticed.
  7. Appreciate the site is being upgraded at the moment and the CO's may be a bit busy. Another little thing I've noticed is members joined date under their avatar is just showing day and month of joining and not the year. Not a biggy, just wondered if the CO's had noticed.
  8. Bad CO

Quotes should now be fixed. Issue with joined date also noted ... and ignored for the moment!!!

9. No probs. Like I said, not a biggy but it may annoy some who use 'time served' as a status symbol!
  10. If anyone feels offended, I would be glad to strat a poll off to find out how many users think status symbols are important?
  11. One other thing I've noticed is that when you try to access the blogs section, instead of getting a message saying that it's been disabled you now get a message saying that the page doesn't exist.

Not a whinge, just thought I'd mention it.
  12. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

That probably also explains why the "Smilies" are all different, my "signature" got scrambled ... ah, the price of progress. Any CO related to Gates?
  13. I cant view the forums on my mobile anymore.

I get a message saying "You have been banned as you are an unknown user-agent"

I didnt know I was an agent of anything!
  14. Bad CO

It seems that all our brand new security features just exclude different groups of people! Should be sorted now .....

I have to say that I'm impressed that you have the patience/eyesight to view the site on your mobile!
  15. Bad CO

Dates - semi-fixed!