Banksy Steals Band Name Then Gives Them $300,000 Painting

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by tripster, Apr 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Banksy is a national treasure and Exit Through The Gift Shop is well worth a look.

He is one of the fw people on Gods green earth who really, really dont give a rats about £300k. And that'll do it for me.

2. Your right.

“The film might come across as a bit cynical, but it’s important not to forget these are revolutionary times in art.

“There’s a whole new audience out there, and it’s never been easier to sell it, particularly at the lower levels. You don’t have to go to college, drag ’round a portfolio, mail off transparencies to snooty galleries or sleep with someone powerful. All you need now is a few ideas and a broadband connection. This is the first time the essentially bourgeois world of art has belonged to the people. We need to make it count.” Banksy

3. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

You cant sell graffiti. You cant own it. You cant copyright it. I kinda think thats part of the point with Banksy.

He's made a mint out of just doing 'art' on dismal street corners, which will maybe make people smile. It makes me smile. And thats a rare event.

4. That'll make for a good anecdote.

5. Anyone heard the band?