Banksy 'racist' painting removed by Council

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
Tendering District Council in Clacton on Sea demonstrating to the rest of the UK how to pull of a spectacular knee-jerk reaction to a single complaint about a so-called 'racist' painting.

The genuine Banksy was, of course, not racist. Ironically it was an anti-racist illustration. And I'm prepared to bet the complaint was from some white middle-aged woman who works for a school / social worker / the council.

It's just a shame they don't act so quickly when you need them to do the very things your council tax supposedly pays for. Planning applications can take months, years even. Noise complaints often require several follow-up calls and letters, with evidence of recordings.

But a single complaint over something that may or may not be racist - scrub it immediately.

What's that? It was a £400k Banksy? Anti-racism message you say? Oops...

Banksy-v2.jpg

More here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...on-scrubbed-from-wall-by-council-9768354.html

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
Tendering District Council in Clacton on Sea demonstrating to the rest of the UK how to pull of a spectacular knee-jerk reaction to a single complaint about a so-called 'racist' painting.

The genuine Banksy was, of course, not racist. Ironically it was an anti-racist illustration. And I'm prepared to bet the complaint was from some white middle-aged woman who works for a school / social worker / the council.

It's just a shame they don't act so quickly when you need them to do the very things your council tax supposedly pays for. Planning applications can take months, years even. Noise complaints often require several follow-up calls and letters, with evidence of recordings.

But a single complaint over something that may or may not be racist - scrub it immediately.

What's that? It was a £400k Banksy? Anti-racism message you say? Oops...

View attachment 178791

More here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...on-scrubbed-from-wall-by-council-9768354.html
Bit like when bigots would shake Warren Mitchell / Alf Garnett's hand for taking the piss out of coons and darkies.

Errr, nearly right, mate. Nearly right.

Was that an African or a European swallow?

why is it when banksy does it its art and anyone else does it its vandalism I'd be straight out there with a tin of white paint if the fecker daubed my gaff

Or maybe they get rid of all graffitti when they can. Just because he's famous doesn't mean they want it - otherwise you're just encouraging other people who either think they are, or want to be, popular to copy him.

The District Council should send itself on a 'diversity awareness amongst artists' course in order to synergise it's diversity compliance with that of edgy middle-class urban street artists.

Still, we can be at least happy that if Clacton had a problem with UKIP voting foster parents or a generation of vulnerable girls being groomed by taxi drivers, the super switched on Council could be trusted to understand the situation and make the right decision.

@timebandit care to actually enter the discussion or do you not have the balls or intellect to backup your rating

Would that be before or after you made a bonfire of a sack of £50 notes in your back garden?
if people are stupid enough to spend money on a bit of spray painted wall that's their choice me I wouldn't waste my time and it would be gone in minutes end of problem

I haven't made my bed yet this morning its yours for £250,000

if people are stupid enough to spend money on a bit of spray painted wall that's their choice me I wouldn't waste my time and it would be gone in minutes end of problem
Me, I'd have it professionally removed and then sell it, but you can obviously afford to pass up the chance of a few hundred thou. Lucky you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Whiskybreath The Intelligence Cell 104
REMEbrat The NAAFI Bar 2
Mr_Fingerz The NAAFI Bar 24