Banks n stuff

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by fertman, Nov 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is a good one for an insight into how investment banking and other sordid things really work. Pretty funny in places too, and not short of sex, drugs and big,big money either.

Cityboy by Geraint Anderson
  2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I could never work out why a friend from THEM always refused to read the plethora of THEM books that were out there. And now when I hear about a potential city boy I can almost certainly guarantee that I won't read it and it'll be full of crap.... drugs and sex... gosh, what was he a window cleaner?
  3. Actually this is the novelisation of a blog the guy used to run for one of the london trendy mags, whilst alot of it is fictionalised, if you have any knowledge of how the City works, an awful lot rings true. According to him and his publisher he was an analyst for several different banks for about 12 years.
  4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

21 years in the city and I've never seen anyone stoned or know of anyone that took drugs, one guy hinted it in an interview (FFS!) and of course I didn't hire him... There's lots of sex though, almost, as if, people that work in the city are really people that like sex. Whatever next?
  5. I have read bits of it but he is a vile public school boy who landed a job, nepotistically in the City, which he has complete and utter contempt for and so abuses the privilege bestowed upon him. Then he nepotistically secures a book deal and slags the city off - although it made him enough money thank you very much.

Isn't nepotism brilliant - look what it did for Geraint Anderson, after scraping through Oxbridge, he didn't like his unearned job in Derivatives so he became a wanky, whingy, cool writer which probably isn't good enough for him either - he's probably now starting a concierge business with some other wanky chum so that he can slag off the social elite whose arses he has spent the last year kissing for his own gain. (BTW that is pure bitchy speculation - I have no idea what Geraint Anderson's plans are)

Blimey - i don't know where that came from must be all those days down the mine eating nothing but coal and living in a shoe box.
  6. Anyone called "Geraint" is obviously a nobber, probably a pen name anyway, real name is somthing really gay like "Gerald"