Banks: Lower than snakes' bellies.

Ciggie

On ROPS
On ROPs
I sent this to my Spanish bank at 13.27 today.

I am writing to you to complain in the strongest possible terms. For the third time in under a year your technology has disabled my debit card. On the first occasion, for no explicable reason my card suddenly ceased to be recognised by your machines. I do not use my card in any other than accepted ways: in ATMs ( exclusively YOUR ATMs),and on store readers. Less than a month after receiving a new card exactly the same thing happened. Most recently, just over a week ago my card was 'eaten' for no reason by your ATM in Metro Lesseps. When I went to your branch in Numancia to request a new one I was told it would be available for pickup last Friday. Not having time on Friday, I went in yesterday. To add insult to injury, I was told that the card would not be available for pickup until next Monday.

Aside from the extreme inconvenience of having to visit your branches( an experience I relish as much as a trip to the dentist: time consuming as you do not see fit to employ enough staff to provide a timely service and uncomfortable as there are never enough seats for the usually long line of waiting customers) to check on whether my card has arrived, it is necessary to go there to carry out the transactions I would normally do via an ATM. No, I do not and will not do internet banking. That is my choice and I am entitled to it.

Whilst after many years of experience I am aware that banks think they can and do treat their customers like farm animals, as the saying goes 'Time is money' and so far in a relatively short time Sabadell has wasted far more of my time than is reasonably acceptable and I expect an apology and compensation for this shoddy service.

Fifteen minutes later I took my passport into the same branch in order to see if a transfer had gone through. A different clerk, a young bloke, good English played with the computer, stood up, opened a cupboard, took out a box and lo and behold, my new card. But wait. That is nothing...here for your edification is their reply to my email, sent 14.17. Aside from the laughable 'Good morning' (twats)...this made me furious. They have picked the wrong person to fuck around with. I have clients who are lawyers and one who is an established journalist and press officer for the Barcelona branch of the Monopolies Commission ( Spanish, not ours) who will be only too happy to put me in touch with journalists more than willing to crucify scum like this.

Good morning Ciggie, We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused by your cards. Having made the relevant checks we did not find any reason for the blocking that affects their operation. We have lso checked that you have an operational debit card from the 10- 22-19.

I am having to type this as it won't cut and paste off gmail, but the next bit was different font and size, clearly a standard 'frightener'

On the other hand, it is important to inform you that due to the non-compliance with the minimum requirements to maintain the preferential conditions of the expansion account, your account has since 10-07-19 standard account conditions, which will imply a payment of quarterly maintainance fees and the payment of the annual debit card fee. Best regards.

Best fucking regards...I am going to tear them to fucking tiny pieces.

Anyone else had shit like this?

Mmmmm, whilst you are obviously frustrated 'twould appear that (may have been changed recently?) certain small print needs another coat of looking at.

And breathe...

I am writing to you to complain in the strongest possible terms. For the third time in under a year your technology has disabled my debit card. On the first occasion, for no explicable reason my card suddenly ceased to be recognised by your machines. I do not use my card in any other than accepted ways: in ATMs ( exclusively YOUR ATMs),and on store readers. Less than a month after receiving a new card exactly the same thing happened. Most recently, just over a week ago my card was 'eaten' for no reason by your ATM in Metro Lesseps. When I went to your branch in Numancia to request a new one I was told it would be available for pickup last Friday. Not having time on Friday, I went in yesterday. To add insult to injury, I was told that the card would not be available for pickup until next Monday.

Aside from the extreme inconvenience of having to visit your branches( an experience I relish as much as a trip to the dentist: time consuming as you do not see fit to employ enough staff to provide a timely service and uncomfortable as there are never enough seats for the usually long line of waiting customers) to check on whether my card has arrived, it is necessary to go there to carry out the transactions I would normally do via an ATM. No, I do not and will not do internet banking. That is my choice and I am entitled to it.

Whilst after many years of experience I am aware that banks think they can and do treat their customers like farm animals, as the saying goes 'Time is money' and so far in a relatively short time Sabadell has wasted far more of my time than is reasonably acceptable and I expect an apology and compensation for this shoddy service.

Fifteen minutes later I took my passport into the same branch in order to see if a transfer had gone through. A different clerk, a young bloke, good English played with the computer, stood up, opened a cupboard, took out a box and lo and behold, my new card. But wait. That is nothing...here for your edification is their reply to my email, sent 14.17. Aside from the laughable 'Good morning' (twats)...this made me furious. They have picked the wrong person to **** around with. I have clients who are lawyers and one who is an established journalist and press officer for the Barcelona branch of the Monopolies Commission ( Spanish, not ours) who will be only too happy to put me in touch with journalists more than willing to crucify scum like this.

Good morning Ciggie, We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused by your cards. Having made the relevant checks we did not find any reason for the blocking that affects their operation. We have lso checked that you have an operational debit card from the 10- 22-19.

I am having to type this as it won't cut and paste off gmail, but the next bit was different font and size, clearly a standard 'frightener'

On the other hand, it is important to inform you that due to the non-compliance with the minimum requirements to maintain the preferential conditions of the expansion account, your account has since 10-07-19 standard account conditions, which will imply a payment of quarterly maintainance fees and the payment of the annual debit card fee. Best regards.

Best ******* regards...I am going to tear them to ******* tiny pieces.

No te entendemos, no podemos esperar al brexit para poder follarte en casa.

Ciggie

On ROPS
On ROPs
Mmmmm, whilst you are obviously frustrated 'twould appear that (may have been changed recently?) certain small print needs another coat of looking at.

And breathe...
Nah. Trust me as someone with a law degree...they are fucking around and have utterly fucked up. If they have decided whatever the fuck their poorly cobbled together gobbledegook is supposed to mean took effect....well, when??? Their first, Americanised for whatever reason, date is clearly 22-10-19...utter bullshit as I only got it, by accident as it were, today, the 29th...the 22nd was the day I reported it being eaten and requested a new card...but the second one, whether they mean the 10th of July or the 7th of October...is retrospective. They did not inform me either way by my chosen channel, gmail. See how they are, like all cunts, just digging their own grave , I know as I progress with this tomorrow they will just sink themselves deeper and deeper into shit. To be honest I will encourage them. I'm an old hand at this and have had compensation out of the UK tax office and, believe it or not the DWP.

The_Duke

LE
I am sure they are quaking in their boots as the rampant alcoholic wafts into the branch riding a cloud of pot fumes. They must be terrified of losing your custom.

Ciggie

On ROPS
On ROPs
Jusus, that's funny.
Yeah, I know...it was a very, very long time ago and like the spaccer I am I went into it with great ideas about human rights and justice. Never bothered to qualify afterwards as the immorality of the so-called profession made me want to retch. Still does.

Just take your overdraft elsewhere.

Fifteen minutes later I took my passport into the same branch in order to see if a transfer had gone through. A different clerk, a young bloke, good English played with the computer, stood up, opened a cupboard, took out a box and lo and behold, my new card. But wait. That is nothing...here for your edification is their reply to my email, sent 14.17. Aside from the laughable 'Good morning' (twats)...this made me furious. They have picked the wrong person to **** around with. I have clients who are lawyers and one who is an established journalist and press officer for the Barcelona branch of the Monopolies Commission ( Spanish, not ours) who will be only too happy to put me in touch with journalists more than willing to crucify scum like this.

Best ******* regards...I am going to tear them to ******* tiny pieces.

I blame Br*xit.

I knoiw how the OP feels. I've been waiting for my Nectar Card for a fortnight now and there's about £2-50 on it. Some organisations just can't be trusted. Harrumph!! :cool:

Sometimes, banks clock your card to encourage communication. Have you not been putting the minimum amount through the account per month to qualify, so they are reverting you to normal rates? Are there any letters gone unanswered?

Yeah, I know...it was a very, very long time ago and like the spaccer I am I went into it with great ideas about human rights and justice. Never bothered to qualify afterwards as the immorality of the so-called profession made me want to retch. Still does.
You went into your bank (in Spain) with great ideas about human rights and justice?
How long have you been living in Spain?
Oh, and you have an expansion account so it must be Sabadell. You have to deposit a certain amount each month to get free banking so it looks like you haven't been putting enough in.

Write to them using a harsh font that usually works, failing that put on your angry trousers and storm into the branch demanding to see the manager and give them a piece of your mind

Latest Threads