banking bastards

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by desmond, May 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do not bank with the rip off shit house alliance and liecester for more info pm me
  2. Why don't you tell us all about it? If they're that bad then a general explanation is in order, rather than just your teddy being thrown out of your pram.

Did they refuse you a loan?
  3. Don't disturb him. He's busy dealing with an enormous e-sack of PMs.
  4. Seconded.

The not so unique qualites of charging you £35 for being a penny overdrawn, taking out your rent twice and as a result bouncing all your other direct debits (then charging you for bouncing payments).

Eventually admitting it's their boo-boo but leaving the account holder to sort out all the other irate people who did not expect your payments to bounce (like the Council, the landlord and so forth).

Effectively chraging you twice for going overdrawn - levying a £25 fee for being naughty and going overdrawn on top of the £35 fee for going overdrawn in the first place. A standing order is paid too early resulting in a similar tale of bounced payments etc. Especially surprising as the standing order had been paid correctly for over a year. Their answer? "We'll refund half the penalty (£17) as a goodwill gesture"!

I could go on...
  5. thanks to hh and daz for a positive answer
    a and a charged me on the 4th and 5th £34 for a direct debit that I had cancelled on the 2nd notwithstanding the fact that hmg had just dumped
    £850 in said account but of course had to go through clearing
  6. I thought that was just me that they screwed over by doing this? The latest was putting my account on stop by taking £1500 out and 'putting it to one side'. Took me nearly a week to get that sorted out.
  7. they're all cut from the same cloth, whichever *ank you end up using...or are, more correctly, obliged to use, simply because there ain't any other option.

Whilst on the subject of things fiscal: buy gold - 1oz coins are best, and store away from any *ank safety deposit (aka easily recovered) box. If you're invested in scrip and/or mutual funds, exit asap and buy physical gold. Do NOT buy the e-gold or ETF gold scrip - all you're doing is swapping one form of 'promisory note' for another. If you've wads of foldable stuff lying around the house or sitting idle in a useless *ank's or mutual fund (what a rip-off) underperforming a/c, exit, buy gold, and wait out...

But, don't take my word for it: educate yourself...see the wwws for motley fool, 321gold, kitco, GATT (very important site), thedailyreckoning, thebulliondesk.

Caveat: I am a gold bug - though not out of anticipated greed, but out of a desire for self-preservation that when the solids hit the air-conditioning or the EMP fries all the circuits, I at least will have a slightly better chance of maybe surviving the mayhem that will inevitably follow. Of course, do not take my word for it; but do take heed and investigate for yourself...
  8. Did their building maintenance for them when in the building trade, must admit to burning them a few times, wont make you feel any better but...

9. Poetic justice, indeed! :lol:

Well done, that man! :wink:
  10. Look at it this way, if you went for a meal at the Ivy and they served you a cold kebab with no chilli sauce would you go there a second time?
    Sharkleys fined me for going over drawn (not my fault) by a few pounds so I called up to complain. They told me to F.O so I opened up a account and transferred ALL my banking.

If you do not like the service then move.