Bank Holidays - I hate them ....

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP
BHs were started for a good reason, which reason has long since gone away. I would like to see all the Monday BHs binned and replaced with a legal requirement to grant equivalent paid leave as part of the normal holiday entitlement. Ditto the NY BH which is only there to let the Scotch sleep off their hangovers.

BHs were started for a good reason, which reason has long since gone away. I would like to see all the Monday BHs binned and replaced with a legal requirement to grant equivalent paid leave as part of the normal holiday entitlement. Ditto the NY BH which is only there to let the Scotch sleep off their hangovers.
We get TWO to sleep off the hangover you dippy cunt.

Try having the holiday ON THE DAY!
So we have 27 April (Thu) then 1 May (Mon).
Great historic days.
But Friday is thus a write-off. 5 day weekend.
Businesses still have to pay 100% rent etc. And this on the back of a 4-day Easter weekend. Plus strikes.
Any midweek holiday means...
Tuesday - nobody pitches on Monday.
Wednesday - nobody pitches Thursday or Friday
Thursday - nice long weekend.
Oh, and if the 'day' falls on a Sunday, the proles want a Monday off.
Productivity? Naaaaaah!

you will hate this then, The Friday is a remnant of the old english word which when pronounced in old english sounds like (and means) Free Day. FRiday is a traditional day off or a least it was until the industrial revolution got going and people like the OP made it a word day.

In the Netherlands it is still spelled and pronounced as Free Day (we share a lot fo words with them, our languages are in the same family) (vrijdag).

SO we always used to have a 4 days working week, mon - thurs, friday off, saturday market, sunday church, back to work again on monday.

Those guys had the right idea.

you will hate this then, The Friday is a remnant of the old english word which when pronounced in old english sounds like (and means) Free Day.
No it's not. It derives from Frige/Freya's Day, relating to Goddesses in the Old English/Old Norse traditions.

I was quite happy. I booked Thursday off last week and today off this week. 6 days off in a row for the price of 2.

And the mongs I work with soon stop dribbling when I tell them I booked it months ago and they had the same option to do it. Not my fault I plan ahead.

I don't see the point of them.... Wasted days "work" to the country - not sure how many we get a year now but think of the lost revenue..
Roads are full of ******* in caravans... Everything shut, people who are working wanting double time ...

Not a fan - complete waste of ******* time and just an old fashioned throwback.
Are you crazy ? Paid time off work, it doesn't get much better, tough shit for the self employed.

I don't see the point of them.... Wasted days "work" to the country - not sure how many we get a year now but think of the lost revenue..
Roads are full of ******* in caravans... Everything shut, people who are working wanting double time ...

Not a fan - complete waste of ******* time and just an old fashioned throwback.
I worked last night. For double time. I love Bank Holidays

The amount of time a lot of regular posters are on here, I reckon they're all on permanent BHs.
Idle twats.

Troy

LE
Fridays are named after Fry Day, Which was the traditional day for using up left overs by adding them to a big Fry up breakfast. True fact. Nothing like what's said on Call My Bluff.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
redshift The Intelligence Cell 126
john3468 Army Pay, Claims & JPA 3
Scavenger Army Reserve 1

Latest Threads