Bank Holiday to Honour Fallen Heroes

and if you do go to work it will be another day to add to the double bubble list the more bank holidays the better
Is this response an example of how the Bank Holiday would be received?

Surely viewing it in these terms subtracts from the gravity of the meaning of the day.

My local MP and actually not a bad egg, in contrast to the twunt she replaced.

However, the idea is a bad one. Remembrance Sunday is the time and local war memorials are the place - and people shouldn't begrudge giving up half an existing holiday (a sunday) to remember the fallen. Bank Holidays should be holidays and frankly we're getting into a slightly iffy habit of having too many and seeing the commercial impact.

Is this response an example of how the Bank Holiday would be received?

Surely viewing it in these terms subtracts from the gravity of the meaning of the day.
I would say that it is a fair reflection of how the majority of workers would view it.. or just another day off with pay and a piss up the night before.

Maybe I'm just being cynical, but it is what I think.

I can't believe none of you raving bandits have asked the question.

So here she is........

I think its a bad idea. We have times to remember our war dead and yes I know they are not holidays, but thats enough.

Also, as has been suggested, already, a majority of people will just view this as a day off.

Look at the top of the page its in the NAFFI not current affairs hence the less than serious comment you fucking skip licker
Quite a few serious replies actually, you shoulder-chewing mutant

I've a better idea why don't people give a days pay up and go to work.
I think that our MP's, MEP's and members of the the House of Lords, should be made to give up a day's pay and a week's expenses to the RBL.

I can't believe none of you raving bandits have asked the question.

So here she is........

You are, of course, correct. She is well worth giving one up the hoop. Two in fact if I'm allowed tiome to get me breath back.

Z

Zarathustra

There was a post a week or two ago about one of the American Memorial Day where jumpinjarhead posted this:

This weekend we remember our fallen on what we call Memorial Day. Sadly, unlike in the UK where on November 11 at 1100 the nation pauses to actually honor its dead, we in America seem to be losing any real sense of what the day means as our fellow Americans head to the beach, lake or backyard for gleeful picnics with precious few of them having a clue why they get Monday off. Each year it seems there are more and more traditional parades and other remembrances canceled for lack of interest or support.

As others have said it ain't broke so why fix it?

A day of work is always well received

I would welcome the Monday following Remembrance Sunday being a Bank Holiday. I usually have
to book it as a days leave....... but then I would also welcome St. George's day becoming a Bank
Holiday for the same selfish reason.

Good idea we lag behind Europe in the bank holiday stakes. I would also like to see a bank holiday for Trafalgar Day a) because it would piss the French off and b) we need a bank holiday between August and Christmas. More the merrier I say