Bank Allotment

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by cranners99, Dec 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm in Germany with my main bank being the local Sparky. I have an allotment go back to my UK bank.

My question is, can I have an allotment set up to go to a 'current account' in the USA?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Cranners99

2. No, fraid not, at present you can only have money going to a country you are posted to or the UK. However when JPA comes in all sorts of things may be possible .......

3. Including being paid correctly and on time... :D

4. Thanks PM, not quite the answer I was after, but there you go.

Thanks again.

C

5. How about raising your allotment to your UK account and setting up a Direct Debit or is that not possible?

6. Hope you are not holding your breath to long :D

7. I've had a number of problems in the past with trying to get money transferred to Canada. In the end it's just easier to access it with your debit card. If you really need to have money in a spam or canuck account then try an international draft. Post that to somebody you trust over there and get 'em to pay it in. Mind you, it's fcuking expensive.

8. Have you thought about sending money via PayPal to your account in the USA / Canada. I'm not sure if you pay massive fees, you just send it to an email address associated with the bank account that you want the money in.

Probably cheaper than Money Orders I would have though.

I am not on commission with them or anything (although I wish I was with the fees I have paid them !!)

9. JSP 754 Chapt 2 - Splits of net pay may be paid into a bank or building society account in either:

1. the UK, the Channel Islands and the Isle of man and/or

2. the country which the Service person is stationed and/or

3. one other country provided it is for reasons of welfare; for example to an account operated by the parent or guardian of one or more of the Service persons dependants.

So, JPA is more flexible, the rules can be managed to suit an individuals needs, case by case scenario through the JPAC.

10. True Witchy, when and IF JPA comes in :study:

edited for monday spelling

11. It's in, and staying in, regardless of the infrastructure problems. As long as it can deliver the first pay run on time without "too many" hitches, the rest will follow.......................in time! :wink: