Bangladesh the Next Afganistan?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Jailorinummqasr, Feb 1, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From Jane's Security News Briefs:

This is the second report regarding Bangladesh, what is especailly worring is that it is democratic country. The NY Times ran 5 page special which is too big to post.

It is rather depressing that whilst we the 'West' seem to be fairly effective in dealing with the problem after it is has happened. Have Bush or Blair cast a glance over this country let alone given it any material aid to counter the potential threat?

2. And there was me thinking that bangladesh was mainly a hinud country, what with it having fought a war of independence (over religious differences) with pakistan (who are majority muslims) 8O

or am i just miles off here :roll:

3. Agent Smith,

Not being an expert on the area, it was formally East Pakistan, if I remember correctly Pakistan (both west and East) formed following partitian. Therefore I assume that both had significant Muslim populations. As for the war between East and West Pakistan I know nothing about it.

I seem to remeber in the 80's that both Pakistan and Bangladesh had female PMs in fact I think Bangladesh still has a female PM.

From the BBC

4. Post deleted

Agent Smith's latest assignment is to look up ;

1 Partition and India
    2. The Pakistan wars.

And write 100 times - I must not post glaring historical inaccuracies on Current Affairs. :D

PTP :twisted: