Bangkok tailors?

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Ozduke, Nov 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Chaps,

Mrs OzDuke and I will stop off in Thailand on the way back from London to Australia after a festive and somewhat chilly Christmas.

I'm on the look out for a new suit and am keen to get one made in Bangkok.

Are there any suggestions of where best to have one made? I'm aware of a few of the pitfalls and know what to steer clear of (as well as the lady boys).

2. Can vouch for Rajawongse near the Landmark Hotel on Sukhumvit. Not the cheapest but good quality - the best suit I has made in BKK without a doubt: the others looked good new but didn't wear as well. If half the cards on the wall of the changing cubicle are real, a popular choice.

As you'll need a couple of fittings for a decent suit, best to think about going soon after arrival. A familiar scam for the '24 hour' cowboys is to experience unexpected dealy but meet you at the airport with the goods, when you're unlikely to try them on or look too closely.
  3. Cheers pal.

Jesse and Victor - quite a pair!!
  4. Althought I have no personal experience, I've heard of Raja Fashions, which is probably the same thing as in the post above. Also be aware that there may be room for bargaining, as Thai tailors have special prices for tourists, which are higher than Thai prices. I've also heard that it's a good idea to bring a suit that fits to have it copied, and be sure that you clearly specify all the details you want, otherwise they'll make whatever is easier for them to make.
  5. Why do you need a suit if you´re in the Australian army?
  6. Lebua at State Tower, 1055 Silom Road, Ground Floor 2 Tailors Offering 2 suits, 2 silk shirts, 2 silk ties all for $300 US.

Well made & available in 3 days, also it’s an excellent hotel to stay at. All rooms are suites on par with Peninsular at very reasonable rates.
  7. My info is a bit dated but the wife and I each had a pair of suits done by this place in 2004.

Louis’s Collection
    M-S 9:30-9:30, Sunday10:30-6:00 pm
    172/1Sukhumvit Road near Soi 8
    Bangkok 10110 Thailand
    Tel: 026533898
    Fax: 662-2557707

Not sure if he’s still in business I was receiving emails from him until about a year ago when I changed ISPs. The owner was originally from Nepal and they had a shop in Hong Kong until the Brits pulled out and then like a lot of other tailors relocated to Bangkok.

AFAIK we each had a 2 suits done up, hers included slacks and skirts, 2 shirts each and he tossed in 2 nice silk ties for me. All done in less than 48 hrs for around $700.00 Cdn IIRC. ( Cdn $ was worth about .65 US then)

Suits are great, I wore one at the November 11th just past.
  8. Good point!
  9. Last summer on a holiday we used Raja's Fashions...

It's great quality, and for £1000 we (3 blokes) got:

4 full suits, including spare trousers, of any design
    1 Blazer
    12 shirts
    4 ties
    2 Bow Ties

Quite expensive at first glance, but the quality and fit is excellent!

Hope this helps
  10. Cheers.

I trust you and your two friends had a nice holiday!
  11. :D You little tinker.