Bangkok in August

Discussion in 'Travel' started by iPadPlodding, Jul 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gentlemen,

I'm off to Thailand with the wife and kids in August to see a friend. First 4 days are going to be spent in Bangkok and I'm looking for advice about the best area to stay and any idea on actual hotels. Point to note, this is with the wife and kids so please keep it clean if at all possible fellas.

Cheers.

2. Dusit Thani is nice, opposite Lumpini park. Amari Watergate is also good.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Researching them now. Cheers.

4. You could also look at services apartments.
    You'll not go wrong with either of those hotels though.
    Bangkok is probably a bit boring for kids though.

5. Jarrod,

The Amari watergate is that central and is it good for the family?. One of the negative reviews on Trip Advisor said its often used by the "Working Ladies".

6. 2 girls of 10 and 12 so they'll be happy shopping with mum I'm sure.

7. Turn left and your wife is in Pratunam market heaven. Cross the road, turn right Central world plaza, turn right after that Siam Paragon centre. Turn left Gaysorn Plaza

8. jarrod,

I'll take it as thought you've never been to Bangkok!!!!!! Haha.

9. any other advice on things to do whilst in BKK would be greatly appreciated Jarrod. Cheers.

10. Kids may like Hard Rock Cafe just turn right after central world plaza, walking distance.
    Loads of places to eat in those shopping complexes.
    If you go to the grand palace they'll have to dress conservatively.
    Nothing is central in Bangkok it's just all over.

• Like Like x 1
  11. You have to go to the Grand Palace.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373154187.693891.jpg

12. Awesome. Didn't realise BKK is so spread out so it doesn't really matter where you stay I suppose. Grand palace looks awesome so I'll stick that on the list of things to do and I think even the girls would enjoy that.

13. The war graves at Kanchanaburi and bridge over the river Kwai may be worth a trip. It'd be a long day though.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Those hotels are good. Bangkok is just massive. It's totally different at night as food sellers and market stalls appear.
    The sky train is great to get around and taxi's are cheap.
    It will be very hot so you'll need plenty of water and beer.

15. Could be worth leaving the girls to shop whilst I do the military geek thing.