Bangers and Mash? Curry n Chips?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Rocketeer, Jun 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Okay.. what's the secret?

seems that given all the hype over lousy cuisine and poor eating habits in the UK, still doing something right.

According to the National Association of Pension Funds: Life expectancy in Britain has been increasing at a rate of five hours every day -or two years a decade- and this is threatening to outpace pension reform [ always a downside - you'd think they'd be happy people were living longer and enjoying life.. but, no.. they're griping that folks aren't dying off as fast and therefore screwing up the payouts for the rest of them.. ]

what's your secret to long life?
  2. Not eating Maccy Dees for every meal and snack.

How a SPAM can initiate a thread on poor dietry habits beggars belief.

Is your trailer park in Pizza Hut's carpark??
  3. Nate:
    I'm Canuckistani, actually, and I'm just a short waltz away from a Tim Horton's Donut Shop and their low cal, no trans fat, non carb Apple Dutchies... 8) :lol:
  4. Free at source med care for all, not having babies with our sibblings and a lack of fire arms (yeah, we need armoured piecing bullets to hunt deer with!). Nuff said.
  5. Jellied eels and mash, pie and mash, bangers and mash, faggots and mash (what's a faggot by the way)............Cor blimey!
  6. Dipped in chocolate, sprinkles, globules of butter, milk shake mix, cookie dough and lard.

7. Faggots make ye' 'eathly!!!! The wurzels sung it so it must be true...
  8. Christ on a bike; I was forced to eat these buggers as a sprout. I'm Googling to find out what they are made of.
  9. Faggots are made from sugar and spice and all things nice which includes sugar plum fairies... :lol:
  10. Spotted Dick, Toad in the hole, Traditional English Fish and Chips, Traditional English Steak and Kidney Pudding, Traditional Full English Breakfast, Stottie Cake, Yorkshire Puddings.

Yep, you lot south of the border are a right bunch of health freaks.

Now get some deep fried pizza down you!
  11. Missed out Lancashire Hot-Pot there Biscuits, so good its even in rations.

Think the real reason we are all living longer is down to 2 things...

1. The ever increasing variety of beers, the choice is seemingly endless.

2. More Kebab shops than ever.
  12. Stop lads you's are making me hungry. :eek:

Followed by a good ole' scotch egg, fage bread and yet more fine home cooked chips :eek:
  13. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Baby's 'Eads,Mushy peas,Mash & gravy!
  14. Pint of Guinness each day good for the bodies immue system. Don't forget the deep fried haggis.