Bands representing 4 UK regions

Heard on R2 this morning that there's going to be a concert to kick off the Olympic celebrations. Headlining are four bands representing the UK regions:

Wales: Stereophonics
Scotland: Paulo Nuttini
NI: Snow Patrol
England:........ Duran Duran :???:

Did they run out of money before they managed to book the group for England? Surely they could have got someone a little more up to date?! Adele too busy?

Who would you have represent the 4 regions?

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
The north-east is a "region." The south west is a "region." Wales is a "region." England is a country and Scotland wants to be one. Or not. Who knows?

In any event, why does every fucking event in Britain have to have a bloody pop concert associated with it? It's the Olympics, not a music festival.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Region, shmegion.

No doubt The Beautiful South'll want to do Hull.

There's going to be a hell of a scrum to represent the People's Republic of Liverpool.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
The north-east is a "region." The south west is a "region." Wales is a "region." England is a country and Scotland wants to be one. Or not. Who knows?

In any event, why does every fucking event in Britain have to have a bloody pop concert associated with it? It's the Olympics, not a music festival.
I think that you'll find that Wales is a country. It has it's own language, assembly, national anthem and everything.

Wales - Manic Street PreachersNI - AshScotland - RunrigEngland - Kate Rusby and Billy Bragg.
Runrig and Billy 'Fucking Dead Boring' Bragg? Come on move with the times, after all, it is the 21st Century!!Manics and Snow Patrol will be good. Duran will be funny and who are the band from Scotland? Runrig are a bit old and smelly but at least we have heard of them south of Hardrian's Wall

They announced the lineup for the show on the news on Planet Rock radio this morning. The DJ paused for a moment and said "I think I'll give that one a miss..."

Made me laugh.

Rodney2q

Latest Threads