Band of Brothers

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Cuddles, Apr 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There is a god. I can now confirm this. Not only did he spare Cuddles from a life-threatening virus last month, he has now gone one better!

The Fenian bride is off on her annual golf holiday without golf, accompanied by her "lash-ette" posse. Magnificent seven indeed - Good God help the French, they will not know what has hit them. I went out today to buy her a road atlas of France and in the "anything for a quid" styley bookstore was a)AA Atlas of France at half-price and b)boxed set of Band of Brothers for £19-99. If that is not a sign of divine purpose, then what is?

She embuses with her coven at oh oh ungodly hours on Thursday morning, at which point the first disk goes in. The fenianette will learn to love BOB as much as she currently enjoys Cinderella, Bambi (what's a Mannlicher .243 mummy?) and Dumbo. When mummy comes home trashed on Tuesday she will be greeted by the little one cammed up and clutching a plastic M1 rifle, squeaking "Airborne - all the way sir!"

I also got Three Kings for 2.99 in HMV - class movie, escpecially the car battery torture scenes...

Cuddles is currently convalescing....

2. What a bargain.

For the extra bit of class I suggest you teach your little'un where "band of brothers" bit originally came from

edited to add part of the original:

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
    This day shall gentle his condition;
    And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
    Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
    And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
    That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

3. Enjoy it Cuddles. I bought the box set, you know the one in the tin, for myself, err sorry for himself for Christmas pressie. Get yourself settled with a mug of tea and a family box of biccies :)

4. Madam! That should be edited to read with a large steak - no vegetables, not even potatoes - and a family box of Weston's Organic cider...The fenianette will have her steak rare and Appletize makes a passable childish substitute for zuyderrrr! :roll:

PS Please do not inform Somerset NSPCC...

5. Your secret is safe with me, if you forward me a bottle of the finest Blackwoods Shetland Gin!!!! :lol:

6. Next you'll have him repeating those famous words from the kisser of the full metal jacket drill seargant.

Nice Bargain (lucky basterd)
    I think mine cost £69.99 from WHsmith 2 or 3 years ago.

(edited to say) - ^not the road atlas!^

7. Him? No this is one of the dangerous ones - a she-male!! She has all the emotional chi-i power of a Celtic woman but is predicted to grow to 6'7" tall...I have created Frankenstein. she is three years old but is already half way up the height charts for the four year olds. I can see it now, Murrayfield 2022, in that blue jersey with a number 8 or 6 on the back....

8. If you can get it would suggesting reading the book as well, much better than the TV adaptation. Ambrose put together a number of books which are all good reads, Pegasus Bridge being one of the best. Might have another flick through them next time I'm away.

9. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

tee hee...good job Cuddles.

With remarkable delusions of grandeur I responded to an Ad in Soldier magazine and joined the legions of extras for BoB .....had a few days work in Hatfield where they shot most of the urban scenes on the set which had been used for 'Saving Private Ryan'.

Good bunch - The Casting Collective.

I thought ' Ah...grizzled Feldwebel in Occupation Army' was made for me....nope - boring Dutch civilian in the " 516 PIR liberate Eindhoven" scene.

Watch for the girl who gets her head shaved and run out of town for shagging Jerry.....in real life she was a Kiwi punkette from London. She went home wearing the make up from the shoot - and had loads of concerned people asking her if she'd been in accident !

Interesting being on set....bit of a shock to realise that a lot of the K98s and Garands being toted around were actually made of rubbber !

PS - if anyone fits the bill and has a bit of spare time, the money is better than TA pay !....