Band of Brothers (probably the 50th thread...)

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by MrPVRd, Apr 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I decided to watch the series again last week, following a sense of being short-changed by the film "Days of Glory" (another thread). BoB is probably the best WW2 dramatisation ever made, thanks to an inspiring true story, a big budget and an obsession with accuracy.

Alas, my illusions have been shattered.

I was sprawled on the sofa, beer in hand, ready to watch the second Bulge episode - the attack on Foy, coincidentally after reading about the recent death of the then-Lt Speirs (they probably broke the mould after making him).

Early on there is a scene in which one soldier bends over, acting as a map table, and I watched enthralled as the battle plan for the occupation of the woodland and attack on Foy was briefed. Imagine my disappointment when the description of the "logging road leading to Foy" was accompanied by a finger moving down a contour line on the map rather than a logging road!

Standards! :wink:

2. Sorry more BoB goofs:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0185906/goofs

This one is really quite a big goof, but a fascinating one:

3. I have to say if thats the worst that IMDB's contributors can come up with for 8 hours or show (or so) then I am not worried...

4. I have to say if thats the worst that IMDB's contributors can come up with for 8 hours or show (or so) then I am not worried...

5. I have to say if thats the worst that IMDB's contributors can come up with for 8 hours or show (or so) then I am not worried...

6. Continuity errors and discrepancies there may be, it's still one of the best bits of TV ever.

7. Yes, nit-picking it is! But what fun..... :oops:

8. I loved it, a few mistakes doesnt spoil the overall enjoyment