Band of Brothers Bike Ride 2009

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Goatman, Nov 17, 2008.

?
  1. My Arrse will look big in those funny shorts

10.0%
  2. Er......in the Sandbox that week...go for it you lot!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The only bikes I ride do 0-60 under 5 secs...

30.0%
  4. Damn straight - see you there!

40.0%
  5. Meet you in Paris with a bottle of Pol ;-)

20.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

LINKY

' G'wan,g'wan,g'wan.....GO ON ! You know you want to... ' :)

2. Bit of hoikage for H4H and the goatmonster:

If you regretted missing out on last year's epic H4H Battlefields Bike Ride then you might be able to assuage your woe by signing up to this little jaunt instead. Actually, it does look to be a fabulous (if knackering) trip with no doubt a repeat of the superb welcome upon return to our shores. And don't be worrying about red cheeks at wearing lycra, it'll serve only to accentuate the tight cheeks you'll end up with!

3. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Thanks small blonde running machine - you up for it then?

Only 300 places - get them while they're hot !

Actually, from what I've seen so far, the return journey will be by Eurostar - unless Crab Air (or indeed Lockheed) seize an opportunity to grab some KRAFPE* time and lay on a C-130J to collect us all from Le Bourget or summink.

I don't think one Fat Albert would fit us all in though - no matter how many pounds everyone loses along the journey ;-)

Come on ladies -get signed up. What better way to shed some of those post Christmas pounds than in the company of lithe dashing Servicemen in lycra !

Oh,and guys.... if you think you dasn't give it a go because Lycra is just s-o-o-o-o unforgiving - believe me, if you look at some of the pics from last year, bald heads and beer-bellies were every bit as much in evidence as toned and nubile Page 3 girls. I think the oldest rider was 86.......and was commissioned in 1944....

I had a blast. You will too - get IN there! The morre ARRSERS the merrier in my view!

Lee Shaver

* Keeping the Royal Air Force In The Public Eye

4. Goats,

Guess which voting button I pressed :wink:

Relieved to hear it's the Eurostar return option :roll:

.Dolly - I heard a rumour you might be up for the Paris Marathon next year? Go for it, nice and flat, see ya there!

5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

personalised to order Ma'am - shame work/family/kids/velophobia* means you are unable to join us for the ride itself :D

I asked H4H where they currently stood.....they have so far received 200 registrations.

None as yet have a confirmed place.

Places ( apart from the team from DMRC Headley Court and 2 other teams of wounded Service perss) will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.

Teams have to have an INDIVIDUAL place registered. That is , EACH team member has to make an individual application - you cannot bowl up and say:

' Tinkety-tonk H4H what? We're 1st Bn Loamshires (oooh-arr!) and we'd like to reserve ten seats on the bus please'

I say again to anyone who has a genuine interest :

NODUF......SAFEGUARD...........WATCH MY LIPS ...........
    - DON'T HANG ABOUT !

The application form is HERE
    http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/dday_reg/registration.html

Hacker, Shovel-Recce - you on again ?

Le Chevre

* fear and loathing bordering on mania of anything with 2 wheels. Less well developed instances categorized as '"Sturmey-Archer Syndrome" or SAS.....

6. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

< BUMP>

If you are on FaceBook - link here

7. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Good man C-B ......skin of your teeth !

This is what comes through the post in the fullness of time:

Folks, if you want to do this ride -I say again - you need to get in QUICK.....

Bonne Chance mes camarades - ALLONS-Y !!

Le Chevre

BE THE FIRST TO SPONSOR ME!!!

8. Lets get some Northerners on it this year, I think it was me and a fella from Manchester representing the North West last time.

9. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Craig & Phil ? - Scouse as they come ? Or were they so fast on that tandem you couldn't catch up ?

Ladies,
    .....the well kept secret of last year's Ride...here we see 'Hero' bear guarding the (ahem)

FREE CHOCOLATE

which was a feature of every water stop.

[​IMG]

That is

FREE CHOCOLATE...........FREE CHOCOLATE..........

the application form is HERE
    http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/dday_reg/registration.html

Lee Shaver

10. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Aw phooo.......good luck to all those who have actually GOT a place on the ride in 2009 .....my name didn't come out of the hat,dang it.

Working hard on not taking it personally......there it is, Insh 'Allah an' all that ........might be another marathon year instead :)

Do use this thread to keep us all updated those of you lucky enough to be included in this year's extravaganza!

Lee Shaver