Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Band of Brothers, 101st ABN hero dies

PartTimePongo said:
Allegedly

It's very strong allegations though and has been mentioned by several different sources. He also executed one of his own men for refusing to carry out an order but no actions were taken against him.

RIP but it just goes to show how different opinions of what a 'war crime' can vary. I'm not knocking the deceased as he was one fantastic officer however the shooting of unarmed prisoners if substantiated is a heinous war crime...

"Speirs was born in Edinburgh, Scotland in 1920 "

Thats a new one on me.

I was a joe when Band of Brothers came out

Dont think there is anyone of us crows who watched the attack on Foy and Speir's one man rescuing of Easy Coy and not get a f*cking hard on.

Airborne.

RIP.

red_phos said:
"Speirs was born in Edinburgh, Scotland in 1920 "

Thats a new one on me.

I was a joe when Band of Brothers came out

Dont think there is anyone of us crows who watched the attack on Foy and Speir's one man rescuing of Easy Coy and not get a f*cking hard on.

Airborne.

RIP.

You said it..Airborne !!!

kopking77 said:
RIP a true leader of men and a reason to watch BOB yet again.

Like we need one, BOB was some of the best TV I've ever watched. Now I own a copy I'm a proper BOB geek. It's one of the few programs that if I turn over the TV and it's on, no matter at what stage of the episode, I put the remote down, open another beer and watch it.

A fantastic program about some fantastic individuals - Spiers being amongst the best. Hearing more about his life only makes me more interested.