Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Hitlerwasabitnaughty, Mar 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right was arguing about this at work earlier.

Is a banana a fruit or a herb?
  2. Its a fecking sex toy :wink:
  3. PK

PK Old-Salt

4. From "Ask Oxford"

Both. A banana (the yellow thing you peel and eat) is undoubtedly a fruit (containing the seeds of the plant: see answer regarding tomatoes), though since commercially grown banana plants are sterile, the seeds are reduced to little specks. However, the banana plant, though it is called a 'banana-tree' in popular usage, is technically regarded as a herbaceous plant (or 'herb'), not a tree, because the stem does not contain true woody tissue.
  5. Christ, one minute I'm reading about Fuji pixelation and the next it's fcuking bananas.

I think I'll just go and hang myself somewhere quiet.
  6. Duckster, you really need to improve the quality of the arguments you have at work... :roll:

I've just argued with my boss about why we can't hold our team meeting in the pub... (well the sun's over the yard-arm SOMEWHERE in the world right now!) :lol:
  7. It was part of an antenna when I was in the Sigs

Hopefully dui dear you practise safe banana-ing at all times :wink:
  9. And strangely so are pineapples P&B. Any other fruit inspired military equipment out there? Having an apple mac in the office doesnt count

10. I spent my whole time getting 'Jiffed.' Does that count?
  11. Got issued a pear of 349's once..

12. [​IMG]

13. Heard a mate of mine talking about there being a lot of lemons in his regiment - not too sure what he meant though