• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Ban on Islam4UK

So instead of having them where everyone knows who and where they are, they are now going to drive them underground and add kudos to the organisation amongst young muslims by joining a banned organisation.

Knee Jerk policy in action.

Islam 'R' Us

Help 4 Zeroes

Sharia4UK-but-not-retrospective-as-I've-been-a-drug-taker-and-practised-casual-sex-outside-marriage

Freedom-can-go-to-hell-but-I-still-want-my-Benefits4UK

Gwar-Converts R Us

mokaroux said:
Herrumph said:
Now they're banned, can we just ignore them on this site
Banned does not mean that they will go away.... they will simply change name :roll:
More chance of them going away if you just ignore them.

The more you shout and rant at them the happier they are.

Banning them will, in a perverse way, make them even more attractive and believable to the hard of thinking.

Why ban them? Why not just take their money away?

Is it not possible to draft a law along the lines of, "Acceptance of State benefits from the UK government implies an acceptance of the basic tenets of British law, including Parliamentary democracy. Any individual who can be demonstrated to be a member of an organisation that intends to overthrow that democracy, may not receive any benefits from the British Government, including health care and education provision. Members of organisations which express a desire to change the policies of the British Government through democratic means shall be exempt from this ruling."?

I think this was a politcally necessary step - as far as the Government is concerned. Does anyone know if this opens them up to freezing of assets, etc?

I do agree that it has the potential to create a bigger problem lurking in the shadows.

Omar Bakri Muhammad, founder of al-Muhajiroun, told the BBC: "It will increase the popularity of al-Muhajiroun and increase the membership, and I think it is a grave mistake because it will force them underground and he is playing with fire.

"It is nothing more than a think tank and a pressure group of students, they are never involved in any violence."

I particularly like the last line, because I have personally seen them at work, busy being violent. They also phrase their posters, slogans, etc. to maximise outrage in the hopes of provoking the rest of us. They are the very worst of organisations.

angular said:
Why ban them? Why not just take their money away?

Is it not possible to draft a law along the lines of, "Acceptance of State benefits from the UK government implies an acceptance of the basic tenets of British law, including Parliamentary democracy. Any individual who can be demonstrated to be a member of an organisation that intends to overthrow that democracy, may not receive any benefits from the British Government, including health care and education provision. Members of organisations which express a desire to change the policies of the British Government through democratic means shall be exempt from this ruling."?
I would add to the above"may not hold any bank or credit card issued in the United Kingdom" and "may not enter any airport,railway station or other area of high threat" and "may not hold a United Kingdom driving license or drive on the Queen's Highway".

the_guru said:
The flame from the oxygen of publicity burns brightly in the home of Anjem Choudhary.
It's a shame that the flame from the home of Anjem Choudhary doesn't burn brightly to give him the oxygen of publicity.

So, we invade one failed state, miss the target and have no plan to improve the place,
and then smash up functioning state for no good reason.

Then, when people with links to the victim populations get seriously upset and start complaining about it in our own
democratic paradise they get stamped on because there is an election
coming up.

What are we defending, exactly?

Micawber said:
So, we invade one failed state, miss the target and have no plan to improve the place,
and then smash up functioning state for no good reason.

Then, when people with links to the victim populations get seriously upset and start complaining about it in our own
democratic paradise they get stamped on because there is an election
coming up.

What are we defending, exactly?
I don't think that's quite what they're doing, and they have been linked with groups that actively support terrorism.

Latest Threads