Ban on coal and " wet " wood for use in wood burners and fireplaces

How long before you have to register and licence your wood burner? When it come to appoint your County Wood Burning Co-ord £65K pa plus mma at £1.25 per mile, no doubt there will be no bleats 'there is no money - the cuts' A jobsworths charter.

Fear not, a quit word in Lee's ear in the public bar of the Dog's Bollocks will ensure the delivery one dark night of all the wood you need. Cash of course.
sure to come, as are environmental warden patrols in the Evenings with a smog-o meter.

Sadly, this is yet another example of Governmental Bright, Shiny Thing; a piece of legislation that should be remain purely as a memo from one PUS to another PUS and then quietly forgotten.

Much like middle lane hogging-remember that?:

Traffic police would need to be really, really bored before they gave you a tug for that one. Indeed, though an offence from 2013, it would be a further 2 years before a first conviction.

. . . and how many remember the requirement for a radio licence? This also included car radios. By 1971, that requirement was skipped as wiser heads realised the whole thing was negative legislation-that is, almost unenforceable.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Gone will be the days that arriving in the pub on a wet cold night and slurping a beer in front of a roaring fire! We are allowing 'Greta' to destroy our way of life! While she gathers more fame and riches! The fecking Pratt!

Haha, and yet 'Green' Germany is still the worlds biggest lignite producer... burning the brown crap every day. If you think stopping Joe Blocks from burning 'good quality' coal and then Germany and the rest of the EU burning lignite is going to improve anything you have got to be joking.

If the Government wants to stop pollution - we need to kill off about 7 billion people.
Unfortunately we just opted out of being able to influence what the rest of Europe does.

Unfortunately we just opted out of being able to influence what the rest of Europe does.
That's not unfortunate - the EU never used to listen to us anyway, we were just a 'pay cheque' to them and they only cared about our money - that's it. We'll have far more influence with them now that we will be competing with them - we can use that to our advantage to make them listen to us now.

Bob65

Old-Salt
Your traditional fuel that has been used for thousands of years is destroying the environment, say the people who want to build a million new houses on greenbelt land.

Yep , the wet wood is dried by using log fires , you couldn't make it up.
I will put on my body armour and take cover behind my mechanical engineering and HETAS qualifications before saying this;
That actually makes perfect sense.

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
No and habe you had you sleeping sickness Snow White had?

No and habe you had you sleeping sickness Snow White had?
Three weeks isn't long in the scheme of things mate. Until Jan 31st we could still have been pushing the UK's interests. Oh, but Mr Farage and co were probably too busy filling in their expenses claims to do anything constructive like vote in the UK's interests.

Three weeks isn't long in the scheme of things mate. Until Jan 31st we could still have been pushing the UK's interests. Oh, but Mr Farage and co were probably too busy filling in their expenses claims to do anything constructive like vote in the UK's interests.
:rolleyes:

Yokel

LE
Once upon a time it was thought that homes would have nuclear heating. Imagine that - putting Uranium pellets on the 'fire' and using control rods to control the output.

Added bonus - you glow in the dark.

I will put on my body armour and take cover behind my mechanical engineering and HETAS qualifications before saying this;
That actually makes perfect sense.
I know what you are saying but air dried is the "greenest" route but obviously takes much longer and would need huge warehouses .

PS Time to re train as a sparky .

brockle

Old-Salt
Well, I’m for it. Anything that means that the Dorset Bloody Steam Rally is consigned to history is a good thing.

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
Once upon a time it was thought that homes would have nuclear heating. Imagine that - putting Uranium pellets on the 'fire' and using control rods to control the output.

Added bonus - you glow in the dark.

Latest Threads