Ban on coal and " wet " wood for use in wood burners and fireplaces

OneTenner

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Given that they plan to ban the *sale* of wood and full carbon coal, maybe just give it away and charge for delivery by the kg?

Given that they plan to ban the *sale* of wood and full carbon coal, maybe just give it away and charge for delivery by the kg?
Given the Civil Service's poor drafting of legislation, this could work. Remember the lightbulb nonsense?

Just start to look forward to the rules we have in Norway comes you're way.... Coal is not legal, oil not legal, gas is almost not legal and have a HEAVY tax, and only new clean burning woodstoves are legal. And I can promise you this is a cold country in the winter
Ingen skit...Sherlock!

OneTenner

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Given the Civil Service's poor drafting of legislation, this could work. Remember the lightbulb nonsense?
And CB radios (well, the early ones), radar & laser speed trap detectors and FM transmitters (such as the ones used to broadcast iPods to FM car radios), all perfectly legal to sell, but cannot / could not be legally used...

We have a multi-fuel log burner.

Chimney sweep bollocked us few months ago for using "house coal" on it.
He knew we'd been using it before we answered when he asked.

"multi-fuel" log burners apparently are not really..."chuck what you want on".

There is a bit of chemistry & physics involving the chimney that..I don't quite understand but, am prepared to take the advice from those who do.

And CB radios (well, the early ones), radar & laser speed trap detectors and FM transmitters (such as the ones used to broadcast iPods to FM car radios), all perfectly legal to sell, but cannot / could not be legally used...
YES! I'd forgotten about that! Used to say in the back of car magazines "While it's legal to sell these devices, use may constitute an offence"

How long each evening does it take you to boot the sheep out of your living room, net the bats and put a bag over the owls' heads to stop them from making a racket? :-D
Sorry I'm too busy fending off the local MILF's to deal with such triviality

I guess the Rozzers will soon be issued with moisture meters and pollution testing kits , good job they are over staffed with plenty of free timetime.
Well they certainly have in Cambridge.

Last edited:
All forms of BBQ are now banned across the UK. All forms of cooking requiring fossil fuels are banned. All transportation, heating, lighting, lubricants, rockets, missiles, particle-accelerators, air conditioning, dry cleaning etc reliant on fossil fuels are hereby banned. All energy consumed by the masses now has to be derived from windmills. Greta says there is no choice, so buckle up and freeze to death quietly.

Have they excluded peat briquettes yet? Thought not.
Lubricants? Bugger.

Or not.

Ref: Burning unseasoned wood.
Eco-warriors self harming whilst squatting around smouldering camp fires. Let us earnestly hope that the full weight of the etc.

Latest Threads