• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Ban it now, for the children!

Legalise everything that can kill people, then ban people.

Well, it's much less barking a policy than thinking you can legislate blue-rinse morality into existence.

If it's been sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk then I'm probably pissed.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Bloody disgusting habit that's carried out by poor people and the terminally stupid.

I'd endorse the Government's stance here.

K

Kirkz

Bloody disgusting habit that's carried out by poor people and the terminally stupid.

Are you also willing to make up for the lost tax revenue when they put it onto something YOU enjoy doing?

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Are you also willing to make up for the lost tax revenue when they put it onto something YOU enjoy doing?
Might as well since I'm neither poor nor an addict. I'm not convinced that the Government are likely to target reading historical texts or ice hockey any time soon though.

Suck it up, smelly one.

Im ******* loaded with an MSc so just how does that work out then? I know its dangerous and can kill you but we are in a job that we volunteered to do which pretty much does the same thing to a lot so where does that sit in the stupid bracket?

Im ******* loaded with an MSc so just how does that work out then? I know its dangerous and can kill you but we are in a job that we volunteered to do which pretty much does the same thing to a lot so where does that sit in the stupid bracket?
"No smoking in the military vehicles or buildings in Iraq/Afghanistan because passive smoking could kill people."

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
You volunteered for one and are addicted to the other (I presume)

There's no conflation between the two.

"No smoking in the military vehicles or buildings in Iraq/Afghanistan because passive smoking could kill people."

Or because its British law to not smoke in fleet cars or enclosed buildings. You may not have noticed that not smoking in buildings happens in lots of places; not just Afghanistan! Shame they don't stop people going on patrol because there's just a tad of a chance that some twat will shoot at you or put a ******* great bomb in your way.

K

Kirkz

Might as well since I'm neither poor nor an addict. I'm not convinced that the Government are likely to target reading historical texts or ice hockey any time soon though.

Suck it up, smelly one.
I'm already sucking it up and thoroughly enjoying my addiction thanks!
But if smoking was banned totally, then the lost revenue would have to be made up from somewhere, and it's likely to be on something lots of people do, IE Eating, driving,breathing or carnal knowledge!

Latest Threads