Ban Facebook/ Twitter Posts

CP/M - the Stone Age of computer operating systems. (1974-75) Even predates MS-DOS (which uses some features of CP/M)
we have a few customers using pre-MS dos software and far too many using our later Dos software. The only reason some of them have upgraded to our 'new' programme (SQL based) is cos they can't find a computer to safely run the old software on

I tried beatboxing 08450796699 (Fresserve). I swear I nearly got connected. I was very, very drunk.

CP/M FTW. I still have my fully armed and operational battlestation functioning Amstrad PCW8256. My nieces were having a blast with it not long ago. The elder one was having a go at LocoScript (sans mouse, of course), and they both played Trivial Pursuit on it. Green screen? Uncle SD must have ben in the movies! Star Wars at least!

Both of them were fascinated by the printer, as they'd never seen continuous stationery. I gave their mother one of my OKI Microline 192 junkpile printers and 9 ribbons, as well as a load of paper. SD Niece The Elder is having great fun I'm told learning how to make ASCII pictures.

D

Deleted 146133

I tried beatboxing 08450796699 (Fresserve). I swear I nearly got connected. I was very, very drunk.

CP/M FTW. I still have my fully armed and operational battlestation functioning Amstrad PCW8256. My nieces were having a blast with it not long ago. The elder one was having a go at LocoScript (sans mouse, of course), and they both played Trivial Pursuit on it. Green screen? Uncle SD must have ben in the movies! Star Wars at least!

Both of them were fascinated by the printer, as they'd never seen continuous stationery. I gave their mother one of my OKI Microline 192 junkpile printers and 9 ribbons, as well as a load of paper. SD Niece The Elder is having great fun I'm told learning how to make ASCII pictures.
What a load of bollocks.

Thanks for the memories! I have just ventured onto ebay looking for the PCW9512 like wot my dad had and...

Amstrad PCW 9512 Computer With Printer & Allsorts | eBay

Nope. I must resist. It is not my destiny to spend £80 tonight on elderly computer junk wizardry.

I also have a BBC "B" which I haven't used in years. ISTR an issue with the RGB to Microvitec. Dunno. Presumably, when I turn it back on after all this time, it will contact the mothership

10 PRINT "BREXIT IS BAD"
20 GOTO 10

Maybe.

Anyway, I have decided to be helpful and even if he can't see the Facebook or Twitter posts at least now he can hear them:

Excellent!

Sinclair ZX Spectrum cassette noise when loading a program. Mine didn't have enough RAM for big programs.
Who can forget the tedium of typing code from magazine pages only for it to fail to compile.

Cool story, grandpa.

DO YOU REMEMBER WHEN THIS WAS ALL FIELDS?
Fuck off

Ive just bought a place In the village I lived 10 years ago.
On strolling through the town* and out towards the old gaff I looked at the wife and said feck me this place has changed I remember all this being fields I used to live in the sticks its almost centre ville now.

I do not need you reminding me of my rapid descent into decrepitude on a Sunday morning, now wheres my flat cap and carpet slippers its time to walk the dogs

*No not an error its changed that much

Cos I can't read them. Facebook and Twitter are to be despised, due to their social media bollocksness. And I don't see why I should have to subscribe to them to be able to read some posts. Therefor people trying to infect this site with such should be put on ROP's and spanked furiously. Even if they don't want to be.
I'd have thought that knowing the posters that use such links, not being able to see them is its own reward.

Think of it as a self-selecting Ignore function.