Ban all private ownership of firearms

I have read enough comments from various sources about banning the private ownership of firearms but the Royal Armouries was the last place I thought this might appear:

My son had it sent to him via social media, he believes that it's genuine.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I have read enough comments from various sources about banning the private ownership of firearms but the Royal Armouries was the last place I thought this might appear:

I would imagine it's not what it seems, be interested inwhat the other bit says

Ban firearms so that only the military and the police services have weapons:

When a failed hard BREXIT leads to public protests, armed insurrection is no longer an option - we'll all have to toe the line.

EDIT: I WAS BLOODY JOKING!

Last edited:
Ban firearms so that only the military and the police services have weapons:

When a failed hard BREXIT leads to public protests, armed insurrection is no longer an option - we'll all have to toe the line.
Bingo, didn't take it long for Brexit to be blamed.

That looks suspiciously like a display on the top floor of the Royal Armouries at Leeds.

The whole exhibition is geared like that, to ask questions and educate. It's hardly a campaign. Nothing to see here, move on please.

I looks like it is from the civilian and police part of the museum and is quite clearly a question. It probably has another poster with numbers of deaths from gun in the world close by.

Last edited:

monkey123

On ROPS
On ROPs

"Firearms offences" are raising.... rather than looking like anything in the picture I would assume CS gas & Stun guns ?

That sudden blast of cold air that just skidded over your bald pate was Irony..
Your flash to bang was timed off, pity.

I looks like it is from the civilian and police part of the museum and is quite clearly a question. It probably has another poster with numbers of deaths from gun in the world close by.
IIRC its at the end of the Police/Criminal weapons section. Other storyboards in the area give the background of local shootings and gun crime statistics.
Considering that you've just walked through a museum displaying a vast array of weapons, some of them works of art, it seems a bit hypocritical to me.

It is indeed genuine. I have seen it - and the rest of the exhibit.

It didn't strike me as anti gun ownership, rather an attempt to encourage folk to think beyond the customary legislative kneejerks that have chipped away at that right, whilst doing nothing to affect the rate of criminal use of illegally acquired weapons.

Let us also think about the legislation that has and I believe still is being proposed by the EU that would see deactivated and historic weapons held by many museums effectively banned... and destroyed

EU legislation has gone way past the planning stage, it's been voted on, passed and has a timetable for enactment.

I simply do not have the time to list the avalanche of utter, utter, F***wittery that is about to descend on legitimate FAC/SGC holders. That's one of the reasons why, for example, Brownells are offloading high capacity mags at (For them) bargain basement prices.

No 'compo for us shooters this time round.

The cunning plan seems to be predicated on the notion that only the state and agents of the state will have access to "practical" firearms - and, oh yes, the criminals; I was forgetting about the criminals and terrorists.

Back under the stairs to don my tinfoil hat and neck a pint of Brasso whilst awaiting the Black Helicopters to arrive.

EU legislation has gone way past the planning stage, it's been voted on, passed and has a timetable for enactment.

I simply do not have the time to list the avalanche of utter, utter, F***wittery that is about to descend on legitimate FAC/SGC holders. That's one of the reasons why, for example, Brownells are offloading high capacity mags at (For them) bargain basement prices.

No 'compo for us shooters this time round.

The cunning plan seems to be predicated on the notion that only the state and agents of the state will have access to "practical" firearms - and, oh yes, the criminals; I was forgetting about the criminals and terrorists.

Back under the stairs to don my tinfoil hat and neck a pint of Brasso whilst awaiting the Black Helicopters to arrive.
In all fairness unless you're using them for legitimate hunting or pest control there is no need for target shooters or hobbyists to have access to 'practical' firearms.

Last edited: