Discussion in 'Officers' started by Forces_Sweetheart, Jun 6, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any tips on summer balls... assisting in preparation and attendance thereof?
  2. don't go on a bouncy castle in a kilt  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
  3. Ditto that for the Bucking Bronco!

FS - what do you want to know?

If it's "How many helium balloons will it take to float a lobster across the marquee?" I may be able to help. :D
  4. Sounds good to me.

Just wondering what common pitfalls occur in the run-up/at the last minute and how a civvy girlfriend (have car, can make 16 more trips to Salisbury and back for things which have been forgotten) can be useful (rather than get in the way) in the couple of days before the event.

It should be fun. I am bringing three single girlfriends, two of whom are keen to get as debauched as possible.
  5. With surplus single girlfriends didn't you realise that there are loads of balls in Andover etc. Spread your net and I'm sure you'll get loads of invites. Salisbury is excellent positioning for embarking on a Summer Ball spree.
  6. OK, I'm at a loose end this weekend, can I crash somones Ball then?  :) Andover and Salisbury are well within reach....
  7. Can I crash the single friends!

Although my username suggests otherwise, I am male.
  8. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Why is a ball necessary for this? One phone call to yours truely and I can have half the British Army at The Porterhouse or "Just".... 8)
  9. What makes you think anyone would follow you ;D
  10. Do we have a gender conflict here?  ;D

Now, I for one, would not go out with a guy called Mary!
  11. I too find the name 'Quite Contrary'

Was wnodering how is garden grows ;D
  12. Woo, you are quite right... I can assure you they are not restricting themselves to Balls (ahem).  

One is actually leaving her newly found 'boyfriend' at home to attend though.  I have warned her that I cannot vouch for the medical approval (or otherwise) of the subbies.
  13. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Because I'm not you!  ;D
  14. Cue - Wirecutters!  

OR have I got the wrong end of the stick? ???
  15. Lifesaver - I'm not one of F_S's Ball guests.  Nor am i invited to anything else. I don't know if I'd be well behaved enough...

Maybe you HAVE got the wrong end of the stick.  :-/