Balloon debate

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by gingwarr, Oct 16, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

I've been informed I have to take part in one of these in a couple of days time. For those of you (like me) who have no idea of what a balloon debate is, here's the sketch:

Everyone in the group chooses a non fictional personality. The scenario is that you are all in a sinking air balloon, and that someone must be dropped out of the balloon every few minutes to stop it from sinking. You debate why your character should stay in the balloon, and every few minutes, you stop and someone gets voted out until only one remains.

Sounds pants, doesn't it?

But, I thought I'd bring this to the wider ARRSE audience, for inspiration.

So far I've thought of two.

1) Richard Branson: You should keep me in this balloon because I'm independently successful, driven, and the only one qualified to fly this thing.

2) Genghis Khan: You should keep me in this balloon because I'm a great motivator and leader, I'm an expansionist at heart, and if any of you f*****g c**ts try and chuck me out, I'll chop your hands off.

If you had to join a balloon debate, who would you be, and why?
  2. I'd like to be this bloke:

3. I'd be the man that knows how to fly the Fecking thing. Kick me out your all dead anyway!

Oh, hang on, didn't I make that joke in the first post? And make it a bit funnier too? Oh. I did, didn't I?

Don't worry though, I still think you're funny.

5. Tony Bliar - and lie convincingly to remain in and lie convincingly to delay me departure.
  6. Kate Moss, or one of those other skinnier than skinny people from Skinnysville. Chuck me out and it won't make an ounce of difference. Get rid one one of the porkers.
  7. You could argue to have the full cabinet in there so much hot air comes out of their mouths it could keep the ballon afloat and if they got breathless and it crashed to earth then it would be no no great loss ...everyone's a winner :D
  8. Yes, at fault for not reading the post thoroughly :oops:
    But how many times did Richard Branson crash his balloon??? Sure he's qualified to fly it then? He would be the first one out!
  9. I'd be richard branson in a veil with a parachute
  10. I'd be Jules Verne, he lasted 5 weeks in a balloon ;-)
  11. I'd be in an aeroplane
  12. Hot air ballon on the ground with a manpad :D gas ballon have to go old school with a bofors gun .Whoever you put in it ill find justfication to pull the trigger :D

even if its just the voices in my head :twisted: