Ballistic propties of dogs

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by woody, Sep 15, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Heard a story you probably know it .the urban myth about the self propelled gun officers dog fired out of it .As completly ignorant of artillery
    would that actually be possible ? Story says it was little jack russell have nt actually measured calibre of one :) . Any answers greatfully recived
  2. I'm not saying anything more but it wasn't SP arty.
  3. 120mm springs to mind
  4. I bet dogs make good bore cleaners.
  5. So in theory it could be done , say no more :lol: .I know the armed forces employ people whose sense of humour lets say is slightly odd
    but i just wanted to know if it was a possibility .Any way thanks for settling
    a silly argument .
  6. I heard it was in the old days when 5.5 inch was still at Larkhill for training purposes. Seems feasible if it is one of those really small yappy things.

As long as the No 1 can ensure the detachment give it a "good ram" then anything is possible.
  7. yeah iwas told it was a small yappy thing .the sort of dog you want tokick
    just to see how far the thing goes classic tale :lol: .
  8. ...then again i suppose the navy have ships-guns big enough to get rid of annoying relatives or general pests.

...failing that i'm sure they'd fit a torpedo-tube!

(just had a bit of a fall-out with my brother, that's all...i'm not ACTUALLY that harsh)

9. One need look any further than 45 Fd Regt in the early 80's.....It is not a myth!
  10. Ha ha ******* ha Bastards :evil:
  11. I heard it was 26 and it was the BC's dog.
  12. Anything can be fired from a gun as long as it’s behind the shell. In my number one days I fired allsorts from a light gun, litter, frogs, mice, shit, charge thermometer. Compo tins and much more. Never fired a dog though, but heard the tail many moons ago. Good way of getting rid of the evidence when having a sly tinny.
  13. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

Like T_Ts Thinking.
  14. has anyone on Arse told the story of an OCs dog and the top hatch of a supposedly empty bowser???? :D :D

When it drowned, the offending and very upset, guilty groundie took the dog away and torched it, really dig go wooooff!

The OC thought it ran away :D