Bald teacher loses "disabled" claim

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Apr 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well Mr Campbell, speaking on behalf of all of us who are, er, rapidly tending to becoming Tonsorially Challenged and gone for the "Own Up Baldy" hairstyle, this does not really present a problem. Indeed, saves an ever increasing amount on hair care products, poncing about worrying if your barnet is in good order diminishes to the point of a rapid No2 and is thus a boon.

Roll on the total bullet bonce, I say.

However, being publicly shown to be a total prat trying to gouge a few quid out of the system because some kids called you "baldy" does present a few difficulties, IMHO.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/7350523.stm

A retired schoolteacher who claimed he was a victim of disability discrimination because he is bald has lost his claim.

James Campbell, 61, formerly an art teacher at Denny High School in Stirlingshire, took Falkirk Council to an employment tribunal over the issue.

He told the Glasgow tribunal he had suffered from harassment at the hands of pupils because of his baldness.

In his ruling, the tribunal judge said baldness was "not an impairment".

Mr Campbell, from Stirlingshire, who is also claiming constructive and unfair dismissal against the council, said pupils at the school perceived his baldness as a weakness.

"He claimed his baldness had a "substantial and long term adverse effect" on his ability to do his job.

Speaking during the hearing, Mr Campbell said: "How can I stand in front of a class with confidence to get on with my job when I am getting teased and bullied about baldness, when I think they are laughing at me all the time.''

The former teacher said he avoided corridors in the school where he would meet pupils to avoid them shouting ''baldy''.

He added: ''I left school later at night after the bell went to avoid the kids."

2. [​IMG]
    SLAPHEEED!!!

3. I sympathise with the bloke. Some of the rougher schools can indeed be hairy places.

4. It seems he was suffering from a severe case of LMF along with his baldness.

Got to be worth a shot though, I mean there aren't many things you can't claim some dosh for now adays.

I think being ginger is the only disablement that is universally seen as allowed to be made fun of but apart from that ?

5. A couple of kids called you slap head?

Grow some balls man!!!

6. I dont think his baldness was the problem. I know some very bald individuals who dont get bullied much (as I am sure we all do). Trouble is he is a weak individual using his baldness as an excuse for general lack of character.

7. Correct response is to introduce himself by saying "Hi I am Mr Campbell but you lot will call me baldy so all together " Hi Baldy", good, now we have that out of our systems..."

I went bald in my early 20's and don't give a fk. I worry about important things and have a hat to keep my head warm.

8. Like weak, spineless peado.....

He's a fcukin' Art teacher, not exactly a proper degree now is it?

9. I'd hope he left after the kids left, he was a teacher and as such the bell only indicates the end of the day for the kids!!!!

Anyway poor little diddums, should I attempt to sue because I'm a shortarse and people might laugh at me because of it! What a complete tool. I hope he gets ridiculed for being a (bald) tosser!

10. Baldness introduces you to the world of the hat. Not the 'paper hat' I might add. Unless we are talking about the teacher.

11. I thought that baldness, like being ginger, was an infectious disease caused by inbreeding and as such bald people were not allowed to have any contact with children?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    Bring it on baldies ... I'm already in the taxi with me coat on :wink:

12. Shut it k13eod or I will swap your false leg with Heather Mills's one: see how you like Paul Mcartney waking you up and demanding that you shove it up his ricker every night while he licks your stump.

Still, as you are a truly disabled loon (what kind of man clears minefields FFS? Thats what boiled sweets and the local school/civpop were invented for!), I suppose that youe opinion that he didn't have a claim must hold some water, though it smacks a bit of Nigerian immigrants hating Jamaican immigrants because they are not "black enough".

As a slap heed, I think we aught to be allowed to claim a tax-rebate on one yellow duster and a can of 'pledge' per month and one hat per year: a hat is a must when it rains, otherwise I cannot hear anything over the drumming sound from my bonce.

D

PS You can get a motorbility scooter (or other spac charriot) with discounts, so why can't no-thatch twáts such as myself get in on the action?

13. Shut it k13eod or I will swap your false leg with Heather Mills's one: see how you like Paul Mcartney waking you up and demanding that you shove it up his ricker every night while he licks your stump.

Still, as you are a truly disabled loon (what kind of man clears minefields FFS? Thats what boiled sweets and the local school/civpop were invented for!), I suppose that youe opinion that he didn't have a claim must hold some water, though it smacks a bit of Nigerian immigrants hating Jamaican immigrants because they are not "black enough".

As a slap heed, I think we aught to be allowed to claim a tax-rebate on one yellow duster and a can of 'pledge' per month and one hat per year: a hat is a must when it rains, otherwise I cannot hear anything over the drumming sound from my bonce.

D

PS You can get a motorbility scooter (or other spac charriot) with discounts, so why can't no-thatch twáts such as myself get in on the action?

14. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Well that’s easily solved. Simply grow a lustrous, hirsute mane and cut to taste. Easy.

Unless you’re a slapheed, obviously.