Balanced diet for training

Hey guys,

I recently started eating raw eggs for breakfast as part of my diet for training up (being inf), does any one think this might not be the right way to go?

I do all the usual training we're recommending i.e running regulurly, push ups, sit ups and tabbing, but I know that eggs are a good source of protein, is it going to make a difference having say 6 raw eggs for breakfast with 2 slices of toast and a glass of orange juice and say 6 eggs before bed?

Anyone also care to share any good diet plans that don't revolve around protein shakes :D

12 eggs a day will be quite bad for you. Raw eggs are not a great idea.

Just find a balanced diet and if you want eggs, use the whites rather than whole eggs and just make an omlette or scramble them.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
I doubt eating any number of raw eggs is good for you. They should be cooked to reduce the chance of Salmonella poisoning.

Besides, raw eggs? Ewww!!!

it worked for Rocky!

yamkwak said:
Jeeeeezz, do not eat raw eggs, apart from the risk of salmonnella, the really beneficial part of the egg ( for building muscle) is the egg white. Try these:

http://www.titanics.co.uk/acatalog/Pasteurised_Egg_White.html
You can only digest about 25g of protein in one sitting; 6 eggs is about 36g, but 6 egg whites is about 20g. Saves you sitting on the toilet getting rid of the excess protein and avoids the fats in the yolk.

Just eat a normal balanced diet, including fruit and veg. Your body will tell you if your training means you need extra protein, sugar, or whatever.

Eating raw eggs is not good, neither is eating 12 eggs a day. You'll have the shits like you wouldn't believe, and started putting on fat.

Yeah, that number of eggs isn't good...

As others are saying, you'll have the ultimate shits, put on extra fat, and your cholesterol levels will skyrocket - leaving the door open for heart disease, which isn't what you're aiming for probably.

The risk of salmonella poisoning from eating raw eggs is hugely exaggerated. If you're healthy and you can obtain your eggs from a healthy free range flock, the risk is minimal. I occasionally eat raw eggs and have done for years, but twelve a day is more than a little excessive.

OK well I can't see 2 in addition to my breakfast doing any harm, I was just looking for a more "natural" way to bulk up as I'm lean as hell and could do with a bit more weight.

So more strength exercise to build muscles!

Or was you hoping for this sort of effect?

If you are lean and want to bulk up then you need to a) eat more calories than you burn b) look at doing some weights (80% of max, 3-4 sets of 6-8 reps.

You will put on some extra fat when you overeat, but you can avoid the cartman effect by making sure you try and eat sensible stuff (not 12 eggs a day...) Try eating 6 meals, stuff like peanut butter, cottage cheese, oats etc. And unless you are dead dead set against it get some supplements in - myprotein does a wicked one called Hurricane that is 300kcal a serving - 2 of those a day with some weight training will get you where you need to go.

Echo what Jarrod said regarding salmonella. Eggs (protein) are better digested & assimilated by the body if they're cooked as opposed to ingesting them raw.

Eat them whole - as part of a varied balanced diet - so as to include the various co-factors, enzymes etc that aid digestion / assimilation.

"Lean bulking" typically involves eating 10-15% above your maintenance level (calorie intake) which you can find through a bit of trial & error.

wildcard.rgbw said:
Hey guys,

I recently started eating raw eggs for breakfast as part of my diet for training up (being inf), does any one think this might not be the right way to go?

I do all the usual training we're recommending i.e running regulurly, push ups, sit ups and tabbing, but I know that eggs are a good source of protein, is it going to make a difference having say 6 raw eggs for breakfast with 2 slices of toast and a glass of orange juice and say 6 eggs before bed?

Anyone also care to share any good diet plans that don't revolve around protein shakes :D

Good diet plan? 12 raw eggs per day to boost your protein intake, instead of drinking a high quality protein powder and you think thats a good diet plan? :roll: Are you fcuking mental or do you just like the slobbery cum like texture in your mouth that raw eggs give you?

If your looking to "bulk up" I suggest you go onto a decent bodybuilding forum and read some of the threads there. Scientia est potentia!!