Bakri goes..

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mister_Angry, Aug 8, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. PK

PK Old-Salt

Now if only the rest of those reprobates could follow that fine example and fcuk off. Would save us money in extraditing them all and we've got their names for when they try to come back :twisted:

2. Bet he left his family here claiming benefits though...

3. So tosspot Blair has let this muslim scumbag escape criminal charges.

4. Unfortunately, as the law stands, there's not much TCB can do. Now he's overseas could someone please arrange for him to receive a visit from a busboy (avec curious moustache and odd suntan) with a silenced pistol?

5. IMHO, pretty much a win-win situation. We no longer have to support a viper in the national bosom (nice image), and wherever Bakri ends up is bound to have a less forgiving legal system than here, so there's a good chance he'll end up in a cell or potter's field. Happy days!

6. Unfortunately it appears as if like arnie, he will be back!

The Torygraph had an article about him saying he had only gone on holiday to visit relatives and that he will be back in a month, but that seems to have vanished into the ether. Will post it if i can find it again.

As an aside, here is a basic explanation of the laws on treason.

[align=center][​IMG][/align]
    Pretty sure we could fit quite a few of them in to belmarsh using that law (A certain G Galloway rings to mind (allegedly :wink: ))

7. I hope he stays there or otherwise gets treated real well by NHS upon his return...with a rusty spork.

8. Bakri to have heart op on NHS
    By Brendan Carlin, Duncan Gardham and John Steele
    (Filed: 11/08/2005)

The Government was under intense pressure last night to carry out Tony Blair's threats to expel extremist Muslim clerics after news that one of them was expected to return for a heart operation on the health service.

Omar Bakri Mohammed, who is in Lebanon, is due to have treatment at St Thomas's Hospital, just across the Thames from the Palace of Westminster.

Omar Bakri Mohammed: angioplasty procedure
    Bakri, who has said he would never warn police if he learned of an impending suicide bomber attack by fellow Muslims, is in theory free to return to his family in London as he was granted indefinite leave to stay in the 1980s.

Bakri left Britain for the first time in 20 years at the weekend after gaining a Lebanese passport, apparently without the knowledge of the Home Office, to fly to Beirut where his mother lives.

He receives £331.28 a month in incapacity benefit and £183.30 a month in disability living allowance because of a leg injury he suffered in his teens.

Both payments will continue for at least six months while he is abroad, as long as he plans to return, as will the housing benefit on his home in Edmonton, north London, and his council tax benefit.

His wife, who remains in Britain with their seven children, can also continue to claim a benefits package thought to be worth at least £1,300 a month. Bakri drives a Toyota people carrier worth £30,000, paid for under a scheme called Motability.

The preacher is expected to return for an angioplasty procedure. That involves inserting and inflating a balloon in the coronary artery to improve blood flow.

He has been receiving treatment at North Middlesex Hospital, near his home, as well as at St Thomas's.

One of his supporters told The Daily Telegraph yesterday: "He has a heart condition and was scheduled for treatment but I don't know when or if he is planning to return for it."

Bakri, who comes from a wealthy, orthodox Muslim family from Syria, ran a computer business when he arrived in Britain but it collapsed.

I think I'd cum back for the benifits:-
    "He receives £331.28 a month in incapacity benefit and £183.30 a month in disability living allowance because of a leg injury he suffered in his teens.

Both payments will continue for at least six months while he is abroad, as long as he plans to return, as will the housing benefit on his home in Edmonton, north London, and his council tax benefit.

His wife, who remains in Britain with their seven children, can also continue to claim a benefits package thought to be worth at least £1,300 a month. Bakri drives a Toyota people carrier worth £30,000, paid for under a scheme called Motability.

The preacher is expected to return for an angioplasty procedure. That involves inserting and inflating a balloon in the coronary artery to improve blood flow.

Bakri, who comes from a wealthy, orthodox Muslim family from Syria, ran a computer business when he arrived in Britain but it collapsed."
    john

9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I think that he should come back here for his surgery. Just think, we could auction off the roles of surgeon, gas bloke (can't spell anesthatist that this time of night), sterilizing nurse etc.

I would like to bid the the gas bloke as I could then stretch it out a bit.

10. Wouldn't it be awful if the hospital had to be evacuated for several hours after a telephoned bomb warning?

Halfway through the operation.