Baked Beans

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Tastytoggle, Apr 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Am I alone in thinking that some fcuker's pulling a fast one in the baked bean canning factory by putting far more sauce than beans in the cans than was previously the case? It's not just store's own brands, but Heinz too. I heated some up yesterday, but had to dash off. Today, reheated, they were far fcukin tastier because the sauce was thicker - I suspect they will have the same effect though!
  2. Have you tried filling a bath with beans and seeing if you can hold your head underneath until you die?
  3. Yes! They have also made Wagon Wheels a lot smaller too, no way my hands have grown that much
  4. It's the same with tinned soup as well. IMO
  5. They have even done the same thing to OXO cubes, which are now Xs not cubes, thus saving about 10/15 %, you just cant win, unless you just get fresh stuff
  6. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

heres one thats gone the other way.

Sainsburys own brand tinned plum tomatos. I dont think they could cram anymore into the tin if they tried. and at 31p a tin bargin.

7. when I were a lad you could get four Oxo Cubes for a penny, that's a

farthing each, or 960 for a quid.

It was rather a long time ago I must admit. we still had German POWs working on the farms.
  8. I do mine in a small frying pan with regular stirring 'til they reduce nicely.

Yum. :D
  9. Throw in a couple of slices of corned beef as you're heating them. Sounds hanging but tastes lovely
  10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Fresh OXO Cubes - now that would be something 8)
  11. and mars bars, twixes etc are smaller
  12. I love corned beef hash and baked beans( cowboy food) my mum used to do it when we was kids, god its real comfort food, with lashings of ketchup
  13. 1 square meal per day - an oxo cube
  14. It aint rocket science to make fresh beef stock, just takes a bit of time, whenever you roast a joint put the excess stock into an icecube tray, Wahlaa fresh( frozen) stock cubes
  15. yeh and I bet your ice cubes tast fookin lovely the next time round