Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Baked beans with breakfast

This thread would really benefit from some photos!

beans.jpg

You got dripping?

Jammy bugger. We didn’t even get bread. Mum used to show us a photo of a sliced loaf for breakfast. And that was only on fridays.
My mum used to tell us that unsliced bread was the best thing since sliced bread and gave us porridge. We used to tell our kids, when the ice-cream van came round that he sounded his chimes to let us know he had run out of ice cream.

I heard the army gave men beans as a precursor to NBC warfare. If you could live with 30 men farting all night you could survive a gas attack. Porton Down worked on the beans mix, under the guise of Heinz. Several barrack blocks were lost due to explosions back in the 50s.

Looks like the gutbuster breakfast at the Skipton Butty Wagon, minus the black pudding and 2 burger patties, but looking at Dijon Mustard and manky sausages it must be a highway sandwich purveyor sarf of london

I had thought Scotch Corner, but the mustard does hint at below Watford Gap. No decent northerner would touch that French muck on a good brekkie.

Looks like the gutbuster breakfast at the Skipton Butty Wagon, minus the black pudding and 2 burger patties, but looking at Dijon Mustard and manky sausages it must be a highway sandwich purveyor sarf of london

I always used to like the breakfasts at the Grindleford Cafe.

So, baked beans for dinner last night and breakfast this morning (this thread was making me hungry!), details as follows:

Dinner
2 x slices white toastwith Marmite, 1 x large tin baked beans = okay'ish but not really a fan (I like Marmite on toast, I like baked beans on toast, but not together... :thumbdown:

Breakfast
2 x slices white toast (crusts) each topped with a slice of mature cheddar cheese, 1 x large tin baked beans and a fried egg on each slice liberally seasoned with sea salt and black pepper = delicious! :hungry: