Bahrain

Sky news reporting Saudi soldier shot dead by protester...........here we go.

Has our goverment suggested no fly zones over there yet?

What was Saudi soldier doing in Bahrain?
The Saudi troops are there under the auspices of the Gulf Co-operation Council (GCC), specifically the GCC "Peninsula Shield" force.

I haven't got a lot of time for the Saudis, but I'd be astonished if the Iranians aren't pulling the strings in some respect.

*Stupid hat on*

Nuke the entire Middle East. All that shiny glass will reflect the suns rays and cut down on global warming and we can utilise it for solar energy. Job. Jobbed.

*Stupid hat off*

Certainly looking more and more interesting in the Middle East. I wonder what armoureddinnerjackets next move will be? Kick off at the Saudi's? Wait for the Americans to withdraw from Iraq then move in?

P

PrinceAlbert

Toppling Sadam was always said to be the undoing of the middle east, by creating a cluster**** of the whole region. It's taken a fews years, but the prophecy is beginning to shine through.

*Stupid hat on*

Nuke the entire Middle East. All that shiny glass will reflect the suns rays and cut down on global warming and we can utilise it for solar energy. Job. Jobbed.

*Stupid hat off*

Certainly looking more and more interesting in the Middle East. I wonder what armoureddinnerjackets next move will be? Kick off at the Saudi's? Wait for the Americans to withdraw from Iraq then move in?
A lot of people have commented that the various factions of Islam will never unite to become a serious threat to the west, that they dont have a modern day Salahdin to unite them! However "Amadinnerjackets" ongoing meddling and aid to Iraq, Afghanistan, Lebanon, Palestine now possibly Bahrain seems to be gaining him some support from the dissaffected Arabs of whatever branches of Islam! He has fairly effectively stifled opposition to himself in Iran and could become a serious problem for the West if more countries have their revolutions and depose pro Western or neutral regimes!

A lot of people have commented that the various factions of Islam will never unite to become a serious threat to the west, that they dont have a modern day Salahdin to unite them! However "Amadinnerjackets" ongoing meddling and aid to Iraq, Afghanistan, Lebanon, Palestine now possibly Bahrain seems to be gaining him some support from the dissaffected Arabs of whatever branches of Islam! He has fairly effectively stifled opposition to himself in Iran and could become a serious problem for the West if more countries have their revolutions and depose pro Western or neutral regimes!
Not too sure about him having shut up all the opposition, I just think he is managing to keep the lid on for the time being.

I think its the same in Saudi, its been simmering away there for a long time now and if the lid does blow off there it will go straight into the fan.

Not too sure about him having shut up all the opposition, I just think he is managing to keep the lid on for the time being.

I think its the same in Saudi, its been simmering away there for a long time now and if the lid does blow off there it will go straight into the fan.
I'd say that at the moment it's a young, educated and underemployed population across the MENA arc all saying 'We don't know what we want, but this ain't it, and we want a change now."
Iran is as much at risk, if not more so.

What you see now is a lot of governments trying to surf the wave. Egypt might have got away with it. They've all seen Libya wipeout. Bahrain looks wobbly. Who is next?
Incidentally that's probably why the whole Islamic militant sector aren't showing. They can't figure out what's happening. In their world, they were hoping for street uprisings all right, all intending to reestablish the Umma, welcome the Hidden Prophet, or what have you.
Much to their horror, the main mobilising battle cry is 'Democracy. Justice. Work.'
This wave has soaked up all the street discontent they used to feed off, and made them look like yesterday's men.
What can they bring to the movement? Not a lot. They are, after all, by definition the voice of backwards looking conservatism. All they offer is more of the same, with added sectarian murder.

Yeh, I just dont see this petering out. It seems that once the proles get their act together govenments fall, we saw in in Eruope and elsewhere, and one thing for sure there is no lack of guts.

If the Sauds and the other ruling families in the gulf states are to still be around in a couple of years I think they may well end up having to do a Gadafi to stay in power.

As the DM said the other day Obama is very quiet.

Its just a pity that this revolution stuff didn't happen a few years ago starting in Iraq, mabe a lot of lads would still be alive now if that had been the case.

Bahrain has always been pro west since independence in '71 from Britain. The US do not really give 2 balls of blue about Libya as it provides 2% of the world oil. With Saudi Troops now probably in Sheik Isa and Muhrraq and BDF Bases there will be a mexican standoff. The US 5th fleet is based in Bahrain. The Governor of the Eastern Province of Saudi is now probably sweating as if he has eaten 12 Jalfrezi curries with no water. I would imagine that the US State Dept & FCO and other interested parties are on permanent video conferences. The whole of the GCC is very heavily armed with US & UK Eqpt. Libya, Egypt & Tunisia got far less support from the UK & the US. There will be a massive chess game going on at the moment. Bahrain really could be the blue touchpaper for a scrap in the Persian Gulf. Am watching with interest on Bahraini developments. Al Jez on Sky 514 is providing good coverage at times.

Bahrain has always been pro west since independence in '71 from Britain. The US do not really give 2 balls of blue about Libya as it provides 2% of the world oil. With Saudi Troops now probably in Sheik Isa and Muhrraq and BDF Bases there will be a mexican standoff. The US 5th fleet is based in Bahrain. The Governor of the Eastern Province of Saudi is now probably sweating as if he has eaten 12 Jalfrezi curries with no water. I would imagine that the US State Dept & FCO and other interested parties are on permanent video conferences. The whole of the GCC is very heavily armed with US & UK Eqpt. Libya, Egypt & Tunisia got far less support from the UK & the US. There will be a massive chess game going on at the moment. Bahrain really could be the blue touchpaper for a scrap in the Persian Gulf. Am watching with interest on Bahraini developments. Al Jez on Sky 514 is providing good coverage at times.

I agree with watching Al Jazeera TV, it's a proper news channel.

You can watch it here if you don't have Sky;

TVCatchup - Never Miss A Show Again