Bahrain

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Detmold_Drunk, Mar 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sky news reporting Saudi soldier shot dead by protester...........here we go.

2. Wahey!! Shame I've not got a TV to watch. Fair play to the protester!

3. What was Saudi soldier doing in Bahrain?

4. Has our goverment suggested no fly zones over there yet?

5. Him and his 999 mates were making sure the Shia majority don't get to uppity.

6. GCC troops have been sent there. Mainly Saudi, but some from Qatar and UAE

7. The Saudi troops are there under the auspices of the Gulf Co-operation Council (GCC), specifically the GCC "Peninsula Shield" force.

I haven't got a lot of time for the Saudis, but I'd be astonished if the Iranians aren't pulling the strings in some respect.

8. *Stupid hat on*

Nuke the entire Middle East. All that shiny glass will reflect the suns rays and cut down on global warming and we can utilise it for solar energy. Job. Jobbed.

*Stupid hat off*

Certainly looking more and more interesting in the Middle East. I wonder what armoureddinnerjackets next move will be? Kick off at the Saudi's? Wait for the Americans to withdraw from Iraq then move in?

9. Toppling Sadam was always said to be the undoing of the middle east, by creating a cluster**** of the whole region. It's taken a fews years, but the prophecy is beginning to shine through.

10. A lot of people have commented that the various factions of Islam will never unite to become a serious threat to the west, that they dont have a modern day Salahdin to unite them! However "Amadinnerjackets" ongoing meddling and aid to Iraq, Afghanistan, Lebanon, Palestine now possibly Bahrain seems to be gaining him some support from the dissaffected Arabs of whatever branches of Islam! He has fairly effectively stifled opposition to himself in Iran and could become a serious problem for the West if more countries have their revolutions and depose pro Western or neutral regimes!

11. So...anymore news? Are there anymore raghead on raghead reports?

12. The Japanese thing is more sexy,so all the reporters went there.

13. Not too sure about him having shut up all the opposition, I just think he is managing to keep the lid on for the time being.

I think its the same in Saudi, its been simmering away there for a long time now and if the lid does blow off there it will go straight into the fan.