Baggage Allowance Herrick

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by rebel_with_a_cause, Apr 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys I know that this has probably been done to death but I've spent a couple of hours searching ARRSE and the web and can't find details anywhere. Can one of you kind souls please confirm baggage allowance for Herrick.

Regards RWAC
  2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Having recently had the pleasure (?) of sitting in the checking-in 'lounge' for many hours last week, I am pretty sure that the picture on the desk showed you are allowed a Bergen and a Black Bag (or similar containers), to a total AUW of 55Kg max, plus hand baggage, body armourt, and helmet. Laptops are to be in a daysack or similar - you are only meant to take on one item of hand luggage (plus helmet, CBA).
  3. Thanks guys.
  4. i wouldn't worry i was over the weight limit and no one said anything!

i think they are more worried about you cabin luggage
  5. ur not really going to leave anything behind are you !
  6. Only my cares and woes.
  7. As long as you leave enough room for the products for your luxurious 'tour 'tache' we will all feel safe out here.
  8. Make sure you have some kit to keep you fresh for the wait, a five hour journey that is turned into a 15 hour epic by RAF ineffiency . I was close to losing it the other week with the crab bastards. 3 stops, 3 crew changes, 3 refuels, 3 getting off the aircraft, had to turn around because of DAS.

If you are a crab bluesuit reading this, sort yourselfs out you civvy in uniforms!

One black bag,
    Helmet and body Armour