Bag-Pipes

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by Lairdx, Jun 3, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For Sale.

One set of Old (Circa 1930) Great Highland Bagpipes. In African Blackwood. Fully Combed and beaded. Included is Gortex bag, New Wool Blackwatch tartan Bag Cover and red Silk bagpipe Cords. New Mouthpiece.

I never knew who the makers were but they have been a lovely set of pipes and have a lovely rich tone. They have what look like bone ferrules.

genuine reason for sale I have purchased a new set.

300 good british pounds.

2. Do you want to swap it? I have an ironing board, 2 golf balls and a Teflon frying pan (hardly used). PM me if yes.

3. Tempting but no.

4. Och. Nobody wants to buy my pipes.

5. Laird,

I've passed a link to this page on to a mate of mine who plays pipes and is involved with our Corps band. I know he doesnt need a set but he might know a man who does.

You might consider putting them on ebay, and be willing to post them abroad. I expect the yanks would go for something like this.

Boney

6. I got barred from ebay for 'conducting a campaign of persecution against another site user.' Shouldn't have ripped me off then should he.

I had not considered the black watch museum or The Gordon Highlanders regimental museum as these are not military pipes. The blackwatch cover was one I have put on to smarten them up as the old cover was rather threadbare.

7. Buy these pipes. Annoy your neighbours.

8. I'll check with a friend who is just learning and beginning his search for a set.

9. Here is a pic of the pipes. As requested.

[​IMG]

One set of Old (Circa 1930) Great Highland Bagpipes. In African Blackwood. Fully Combed and beaded. Included is Gortex bag, New Wool Blackwatch tartan Bag Cover and red Silk bagpipe Cords. New Mouthpiece.

[​IMG]

I never knew who the makers were but they have been a lovely set of pipes and have a lovely rich tone. They have what look like bone ferrules.
    Nickle fittings.

genuine reason for sale I have purchased a new set.

300 good british pounds.

10. i have a sexy signed picture of ewan mcgregor

11. Buuuuuuurn 'em.

12. I have the sexy photos of you taken to pay your tuition fees during the first term at university. :wink:

13. so will you teach me how to play the bag pipes ,
    i am sure mrs lairdx will not mind