Bag-halo, day sack nsn: 8465-99-589-8303

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by AndyCX69, Mar 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just bought one of these as I was looking for a plain black, tough pack with a bit more capacity than my Sabre 45. It's an interesting design compared to what I'm used to. I'm assuming by the name it was designed to be carried in freefall? I'm particularly intrigued by the side pockets with the zips on the bottom, and also the leg straps which I can't for the life of me figure out how they're supposed to be used. Can anybody enlighten me about it's design and use? And if you think it's any good?

Many thanks

Andy

2. Picture?123

3. Google the NSN and you'll find one on eBay.

Zips at the bottom of the side pouches... Maybe it's worn on the chest, in which case it would be easier to get at your Haribos while you're free-falling than if the zips were up by your armpits?

4. Hehehe... Good point... I'd not thought of that... Rapid access to the Haribos...

I think I've figured out the leg straps. I'd assumed they were for use with it attached to a para rig, but they are sewn on at 90 degrees to how they would be if that were the case. So I wondered if they were meant to be used with the pack worn as a normal ruck sack and they were intended to go around the thighs like the leg straps on a climbing harness, with the intention of stopping the pack riding up the back. Having re-threaded the QR buckles so they sit away from the legs as opposed to digging into them I might be on to a winner with that idea...

5. 1 thousand....2 thousand......Check Haribos!

6. ****...... malfunction...... can't deploy Haribos...... why the **** did I buy this fancy pack that's far cleverer than I am...... lol!