Baffling ramblings.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Nehustan, Sep 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

So in memory of that great strategist, insurgent tactician and hero Michael Bentine I bring you an inciteful briefing from 1973. After all it's a potty time!!

So...who thinks that the railway currently moot from Tibet through to Pakistan, from thence on through central Asia will help set right the miscalculations of the Mountbatten plan, and subsequent problems in the region; bloody India Office...Philby was one of theirs too!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. HHH

HHH LE

• Like Like x 2
  3. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

You obviously know nothing about Michael Bentine (Potty but certainly not stupid!), nor geopolitics relating to railways. I'll find a link (or two) to make this thread suitably high brow for you should I?
  4. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

5. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Dear Mr. Moderator, this thread makes perfect sense given the current operation near the Khyber Pass, and the moot railway link into central Asia thence ultimately on to Moscow...but have it your way...

(God...when I say the Brits have lost their sense of humour...I didn't think it also meant the mob!)
  6. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

You could perhaps have articulated that thought in the original without resorting to YouTube and giving the impression that you were pissed?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

You are perhaps right, but I did put in the part about the railway, and as Bentine was a mate of 'THEM' I thought putting in a briefing pertaining to the Frontier was a funny addition; might at least make some of the regt. smile if not other regiments and corps (don't tell me you're a sapper still @#!*% off about the cricket?). As to giving the impression of being a @#!*% / @#!*% /twat, I don't do impressions, I'm a method actor.
  8. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Michael Bentine.

"Once in the RAF he went through flight training. He was the penultimate man going through a medical line receiving inoculations for
    typhoid with the other flight candidates in his class (they were going to Canada to receive new aircraft) when the vaccine ran out. They refilled the bottle to inoculate him and the other man as well. By mistake they loaded a pure culture of typhoid. The other man died immediately, and Bentine was in a coma for six weeks. When he regained consciousness his eyesight was ruined, leaving him myopic for the rest of his life. Since he was no longer physically qualified for flight, he was transferred to RAF Intelligence and seconded to MI9 a unit that was dedicated to supporting resistance movements and help prisoners escape. His immediate superior was the Colditz escapee Airey Neave."

"Bentine was a crack pistol shot, and helped to start the idea of a
    counter-terrorist wing within 22 SAS Regiment. In doing so, he became the first non-SAS person ever to fire a gun inside the close-quarters battle training house at Hereford."

Potty Bentine
  9. You should rename this thread to 'Nehustan gibbers away to himself', since 75% of the postings are by yourself.

Call it a day, move on.
  10. I've been a bit worried about the verbosity of neustans threads over the last month or so

Have you hit a mania stage
  11. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

oh I can rapid cycle and back again in about 20 seconds... :p
  12. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Guess which character you are in the Bentine briefing...and you're not Mullah Omar...whoops...I mean the Mad Mullah...
  13. We all begin to see why you can't wait to leave, how's the broken arm; that piece you can see broken off looks quite bad in the CT scan...still hilarious. Can't wait to see how they manage to explain this one, they're meant to have been out of power, talk about slightly more than echoes of the last administration.
  14. HHH

HHH LE

That's all well and good, but what are you on about ?
    What's happening to-night, did I miss something or is everyone on drugs but me ?
  15. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

It's basically NTK isn't it JTK...